6.0 surge when accelerating - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-08-2015, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
BPosch6.0

6.0 surge when accelerating

2004 f350 surges between 2000-3000 rpm. Seems to act up more when cold. Can watch pids on ids and the ipr valve is being commanded to move when its happening. not sure whats causing it. Has custom idp tune loaded now have flashed to other tunes, happens on any tune over stock. Doesnt happen when on stock program. HPOP was replaced around 40k miles ago. Icp sensor replaced 15k miles ago with connector. Ipr valve just replaced. MAF spikes when this is happening I know typically that maf isnt used except at idle. MAP looks good, ebp within spec. When MAF is unplugged truck has major lack of power, will not go over 2000rpm and pours smoke. Any help appreciated.
pictures of ids attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg datalog.jpg (13.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0466.jpg (15.1 KB, 5 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
BPosch6.0

Re: 6.0 surge when accelerating

If anyone has any other places, or people who I could contact too that would be great. I am a service writer at a dealership and have had techs look at it already asing my own knowledge and were all kind of puzzled.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 04:47 PM
PSN Veteran

It looks like there is a loss of data in one pid, i cant read it is too small. I would check that first.

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
BPosch6.0

No loss of data its the maf sensor. It just spikes so high that its off the screen until i open that graph up more. sorry about the pictures just clicked on it for the first time on here and it is very small.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 05:20 PM
PSN Veteran

You need to find the input (TPS, MAF, MAP, EBP, ICP sensor, etc) that is making the PCM change outputs (IPR, VGT cycle, injector control, etc).

Find the first pid with a glitch and i'll bet that is your issue. If you could make the pictures larger i may be able to help more i cant read any of the data.

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 06:30 PM
PSN Newb

I have the same problem I have been watching the EBP and is demand is way off from the actual and for some reason the desired is in HG not psi so you have to convert, but it fluctuates and causes the VGT solenoid duty cycle to do the same, if I set the VGT duty cycle at 55 it will drive OK and not surge. I am not 100% that this is the problem but its what I will try.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
BPosch6.0

anyone know how i can post the images and make them larger? what values would you want that might help more? I will def look into the ebp sensor and just try to command 55 and see if its still there to... if its not there im assuming ebp sensor is bad? or what are you thinking?

06 F350 6.0 Lairat Ext Cab ,XDP EGR delete, SCT Livewire TS, Quick Tricks Tuning, MBRP 4inch TB. Much more to come

*Sold* 04 f350 6.0, ARP studs, Egr Delete, Sct custom tunes from idp, 2 inch drop in rear 305/60/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers

Brandon
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
BPosch6.0

commanded vgt to 55% and it does not do it. The only sensor that is acting weird when this is happening is maf. Could this cause the surge that im getting? i was under the impression that maf on 6.0 didnt really control much uses map more.

06 F350 6.0 Lairat Ext Cab ,XDP EGR delete, SCT Livewire TS, Quick Tricks Tuning, MBRP 4inch TB. Much more to come

*Sold* 04 f350 6.0, ARP studs, Egr Delete, Sct custom tunes from idp, 2 inch drop in rear 305/60/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers

Brandon
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 03:22 PM
PSN Newb

Several of my sensors go goofy when it happens but I have not replaced my ebp yet so I have no definite answer but on eBay they are only 20$ worth the try.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode