P2552 trouble code and slight power loss after EGR delete and oil cooler replacement - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

P2552 trouble code and slight power loss after EGR delete and oil cooler replacement

New to the forum and to the diesel world. Been lurking for a while but have a need for some help now.

I have a 2004 F250 with 53,000 miles. After learning some about these trucks I installed an Edge Insight CTS monitor and could tell right away that my oil was too hot. It was getting into the low 240's on long trips.

I bought everything I thought I was going to need for the oil cooler replacement and EGR delete and added a Sinister coolant filter, flushed the coolant and switched to CAT elc but before I could get it done the EGR cooler failed and filled the intake manifold with coolant. The engine hydrolocked. I tore it apart and installed a Sinister oil cooler and a welded EGR cooler and welded up pipe. Also new intake manifold gaskets and updated turbo drain. Finally got it all back together and it fired up after a couple of tries.

It threw a couple of trouble codes at first. One was for the #7 glowplug and one said something like scan incomplete. I cleared them and they have not came back. However, It now shows P2552 Throttle/Fuel Inhibit Circuit/Open. I have cleared it and it comes right back. The truck seems to have a loss in power. Its not a total loss like a no boost issue. It has no problem getting up to 27psi. It just seems like something is not right. Yesterday I had three quads and a motorcycle behind it and it felt kind of sluggish on the highway.

I have read that I may not have plugged the FICM all the way in so I am going to start there when I get a chance. Anyone have any other suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: P2552 trouble code and slight power loss after EGR delete and oil cooler replacement

Update
Did a VGT relearn and the power seems fine now. Codes have all stopped too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode