looking at buying a 6.0 is 215k miles to many? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

looking at buying a 6.0 is 215k miles to many?

so i found a few 6.0s i am intreasted in looking at. i have only found a few ccsb in my price range and alot of ext cab.found a 06 f350 lariat 6.0 215k miles asking 13,995... found a 05 6.0 ext cab black as well, 124k on it for 19,990 obvously the lariat is nicer.. but the 06 larait doesent have backup sensors and the 05 does... (not a big deal gonna install backup cam anyway) but which would make more sense to get? and will my friends be comforatble in the bcak of a ext cab? (im 17) thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 05:23 PM
PSN Local

Re: looking at buying a 6.0 is 215k miles to many?

Ccsb extra room in back is nice!
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetstroked04 View Post
Ccsb extra room in back is nice!
Crew cab Is nice but the only one in my price range is pretty rusted out... Tons of ext cabs, really like the look of the exd cab and the long box is good for dirtbikes. But the ext cab would be okay for fitting friends in right?

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewster2016 View Post
so i found a few 6.0s i am intreasted in looking at. i have only found a few ccsb in my price range and alot of ext cab.found a 06 f350 lariat 6.0 215k miles asking 13,995... found a 05 6.0 ext cab black as well, 124k on it for 125,990 obvously the lariat is nicer.. but the 06 larait doesent have backup sensors and the 05 does... (not a big deal gonna install backup cam anyway) but which would make more sense to get? and will my friends be comforatble in the bcak of a ext cab? (im 17) thanks
i meant 12,900 not 19,900
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 08:25 PM
PSN Veteran

buy the one with less miles. your friends can make due or drive there self.

get a vin check with care fax and get a oasis report done with the vin from fthe local ford dealer.

2008 got a new flex pipe installed. S-b intake, 4in dp back exhaust, gear head tunes All deletes done now.
flow pro hot pipe. CCV mode.

2013 dodge charger
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 08:56 PM
PSN Local

looking at buying a 6.0 is 215k miles to many?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2001 View Post

get a vin check with care fax and get a oasis report done with the vin from fthe local ford dealer.

Yes. My advice is get the one with the lower miles
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2001 View Post

friends can make due by themselfves but sometimes it makes since to get the 4 of us togther in one vehicle. 2 bikes in the bed of the truck and 2 on the trailer and head to the track rather than taking multiple vehicles. i assume the backseats are usuable but are not too comfortable for long rides?
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 09:12 PM
Wyo
scouts out...

The miles are ok, not great but ok. It means that truck hasn't spent an entire lifetime in the shop which is good news. However you might want to find a different place to purchase a truck. Those prices are insane, in wyoming where 6.0's are not popular I paid 16k out the door mind you for a fully loaded 07 f350 crew cab lariat, and I mean fully loaded with only 96k miles. The trucks you describe would be between 8-12k here. If you're 17 and drive a lot like any 17 year old I would try and get one with low miles. Just my opinion, and screw the friends they don't pay your bills, get what you want and let them figure out where to sit.

2007 CC, Lariat, 6.0L, TreadWright guard dogs, straight piped out the back, egr delete, blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, high idle mod(bcp), bulletproofed, SCT Livewire TS with Drews street runner(under development for high elevation), Innovative, and Vivian's tunes, ww2.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyo View Post
The miles are ok, not great but ok. It means that truck hasn't spent an entire lifetime in the shop which is good news. However you might want to find a different place to purchase a truck. Those prices are insane, in wyoming where 6.0's are not popular I paid 16k out the door mind you for a fully loaded 07 f350 crew cab lariat, and I mean fully loaded with only 96k miles. The trucks you describe would be between 8-12k here. If you're 17 and drive a lot like any 17 year old I would try and get one with low miles. Just my opinion, and screw the friends they don't pay your bills, get what you want and let them figure out where to sit.
Yeah I know 139k Isent low, but compared to tbe 215 on the other one, I'd rather go with the 139k one, sure I imagine im going to be driving a lot, but I can't find any low miles for under 18k. I'm looking to spend 13 so the 2005 seems like the one I want to look into more, I want a crew cab, but I love the look of an extended cab, worst case is I buy extended cab pay it off and then gets crew cab when I need to upgrade.

And the one we're i put 19k I meant 12k it was a typing mistake
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 09:46 PM
PSN Local

i would take a scanner when you go to look at both and see which out weighs the other.i mean the lower mileaged truck could of been ran hard and the higher mileaged truck babied.if you do not know these trucks for the love of god take some one with you who does so you do not get ripped.you are young and have a lot to learn so every dime will count make your money work for you.i wish you luck and let us know how it turns out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode