Please help me. 6.0 no PCM communication, no crank, no fuel pump. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
'04psthrottlejockey

Please help me. 6.0 no PCM communication, no crank, no fuel pump.

I have an '04 6.0 that shut off going down the road. Since I have had a no PCM communication, no crank with key, no fuel pump with key. I can crank the engine by jumping the solenoid and fuel pump works when jumping over the relay. I have had two different PCM's preprogrammed to my vin and just replaced the engine harness that goes to all sensors, FICM, and PCM. There were lots of bare and fused wires in the old harness. Not to mention my fan clutch harness got into the fan and destroyed it. I'm converting the fan to a '97 7.3 mechanical clutch for that reason. Any insight from anyone else would be immensely appreciated. Oh and I have been through every fuse and relay in the truck with a multimeter and all of them test good.

'04 F250 6.0 RCD EGR delete, diamond eye 4"turbo back, AFE stage 2 cold air intake, Livewire TS, Warren Diesel Injection 190cc stock nozzle injectors with upgraded solenoids, FASS Titanium series fuel pump. 4" procomp suspension lift with extra overloads on rear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 05:09 PM
PSN Newb

Re: Please help me. 6.0 no PCM communication, no crank, no fuel pump.

Did you replace the overhead harness that goes to the starter and headlights? The one that is attached to the firewall and goes over the turbo. Does your pump turn on when the key is turned? That harness is connected through the trans harness to the pcm. If your pump does turn on with the key, there's a good chance that your over head harness is bad. I had a similar case. I have a FASS pump so that is separate. But I took the truck into the shop and was testing for a running issue and then all of a sudden truck wouldn't start, with the key on, I could manually jump it but had no communication. I was good from the pcm to the cjb and to the starter but nothing would go. Swapped pcm's and nothing changed. Jumped it and drove home. I was repeatedly blowing the dlc fuse.

Check for rodent damage on your pcm connector for the overhead harness and check for melted wires at the spot above the turbo in the plastic shield.

Hope this helps

you can text me at 217-766-9101 for more help

Jon
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
'04psthrottlejockey

I will definitely check that next. My Fass pump is relay' and triggered by the factory wiring and does not turn on with the key. When it shutdown though I had hot wired the pump and jumped the solenoid with the key on and no fire.

'04 F250 6.0 RCD EGR delete, diamond eye 4"turbo back, AFE stage 2 cold air intake, Livewire TS, Warren Diesel Injection 190cc stock nozzle injectors with upgraded solenoids, FASS Titanium series fuel pump. 4" procomp suspension lift with extra overloads on rear.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-07-2015, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
'04psthrottlejockey

Update: I have tested the cam bus wires at the DLC, PCM, and FICM and all have 120 ohms. Digging more into it I have a couple terminals at the PCM plug that are in question weather or not they should be going to ground because they are right now. When I know more I will post it up.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
'04psthrottlejockey

Problem solved. After changing the engine harness and installing the mechanical fan clutch I failed to check the fuses agin after having everything apart. Changed the pcm power fuse and all is good.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2015, 01:49 PM
PSN Local

Yep that is the modern equivalent to forgetting to put the rotor back in after a full engine rebuild... Good on you for being persistent.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2015, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
'04psthrottlejockey

Thanks rock doctor. It needed the engine harness since it had a bunch of bare wires and the fan clutch harness was trashed by the fan. But I'll never have to worry about that again thanks to bullet proof diesel and their mechanical clutch adapter.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode