5R110 shudder in reverse amongst other symptoms..with codes! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
super tuner

5R110 shudder in reverse amongst other symptoms..with codes!

Ok so my trucks got a problem. Driving to work this morning, stop at a light,go to accelerate and the truck takes off in a much higher gear than normal, ok whatever I just loaded a tune maybe it will work itself out Im thinking. about a mile later just cruising the truck just downshifts at absolutely no command,just downshifts and runs the tach right up to 2500,then shifts back up. Its done this before but it didnt complete the shift up again, it just sat there and kept hammering it back and forth trying to get it into gear until either I let off, or hit the brake and command it back to a low gear,except before it didnt go into limp mode and store codes. Now it went into limp,and spit out a PO766,and P2703. I know a 766 can be popped by low fluid so I pulled the stick,it was about a quart low. Topped off, now I have an UNGODLY shudder when you go to reverse. It will literally bounce a toddler up and down on the seat of the truck if you leave it in reverse. Ive already called my auto tranny guy and he'll bench it for a grand with a converter if I do the r&r,just trying to see if anyone has come across something similar with their truck and how they fixed it.

2005 F250 CCSB Harley edition 4x4 Powerstroke
-Edge Evolution CS
-SCT X3 with custom tunes
-4 inch MBRP exhaust
-ARP headstuds
-bypass coolant filter
-EGR delete

"real cars dont spin the front wheels, they lift them"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 06:52 PM
sooty

Re: 5R110 shudder in reverse amongst other symptoms..with codes!

the trans is pooched.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 09:16 PM
JGman141

Time for a rebuild

2004 6.0 ccsb Warren 430/150 hybrids, Warren Comp Trans, Warren Dual Hpop, Billet S475 w/race cover, Marty's A1000 Fuel System, Colt Stage 2, and all the other supporting stuff
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-03-2015, 10:03 PM
Former Ford Trans Engr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clp13294 View Post
it just sat there and kept hammering it back and forth trying to get it into gear until either I let off
What and EXCELLENT method to destroy a transmission! Good work!

Get it rebuilt or replaced. It's done, just like you were told in THIS thread. You didn't like the answers there, so you reposted the same thing hoping a better outcome this time? Face it, it's destroyed.

Mark
Former Ford Automatic Transmission Engineer

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
super tuner

I did not hammer it back and forth trying to get it into gear, If you read correctly it says IT hammered back and forth trying to get into another gear, I was simply accelerating and the truck itself was slamming it back and forth,clearly out of its normal sequence due to a mechanical failure. Its already out and being built as we speak, I thank you all for your knowledge and input,enjoy your weekends.

2005 F250 CCSB Harley edition 4x4 Powerstroke
-Edge Evolution CS
-SCT X3 with custom tunes
-4 inch MBRP exhaust
-ARP headstuds
-bypass coolant filter
-EGR delete

"real cars dont spin the front wheels, they lift them"
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 10:27 PM
Former Ford Trans Engr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clp13294 View Post
If you read correctly it says IT hammered back and forth trying to get into another gear, I was simply accelerating and the truck itself was slamming it back and forth,
I didn't say you did it. You did allow it to continue to destroy itself. That was my point.

Mark
Former Ford Automatic Transmission Engineer

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
super tuner

Oh okay I see what you mean,yeah you are right I definitely didnt help it,to be honest Im kind of glad it happened now I can eliminate it as a possible failure in the future and focus on engine side now. I got an intermittent coolant leak to chase, a blown out turbo to replace,oil cooler needs replacing. Still better than picking up a 600 dollar monthly note on a new truck though,in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode