Superduty truck bed value???? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Superduty truck bed value????

So, I have two complete SuperDuty truck beds, tailgate, bumpers, tail lights etc.

These were pulled off the trucks when they where new when they were fitted with toolboxes. By the looks of the driver;s side hindge, they may be post '08 models.

I have no idea what they are worth and don't really want to get screwed letting them go too cheap...

Any ideas? :)

Also. I was thinking about swapping either the tailgate, or maybe one whole setup to my '04 F250. Are the beds and tailgates the same for those years?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Ford F250 FX-4 6.0L Crew Cab Lariat
Banks 6-Gun Tuner
Banks High-Ram Intake/Intercooler
K&N Cold Air Intake
4" Pro Comp Lift
Dick Cepek DC-2 Wheels
BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 10:11 PM
STILL LEARNING

Re: Superduty truck bed vaule????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
So, I have two complete SuperDuty truck beds, tailgate, bumpers, tail lights etc.

These were pulled off the trucks when they where new when they were fitted with toolboxes. By the looks of the driver;s side hindge, they may be post '08 models.

I have no idea what they are worth and don't really want to get screwed letting them go too cheap...

Any ideas? :)

Also. I was thinking about swapping either the tailgate, or maybe one whole setup to my '04 F250. Are the beds and tailgates the same for those years?

Well this is the 94-97 section , Not the SuperDuty. But with that said, the beds are not worth much in California since they don't rust apart out there. If you were in the rust belt you would be looking at 1500-2000 each

Looking for Blue 40-20-40 seat for OBS. PM me if any known
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: Superduty truck bed vaule????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradbilt View Post
Well this is the 94-97 section , Not the SuperDuty. But with that said, the beds are not worth much in California since they don't rust apart out there. If you were in the rust belt you would be looking at 1500-2000 each
Dang, how did I get in here??? Let me see if I can move it.

Yeah, they might not rust apart, but they do get banged up pretty good. That's why I'm thinking about replacing mine. :)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2004 Ford F250 FX-4 6.0L Crew Cab Lariat
Banks 6-Gun Tuner
Banks High-Ram Intake/Intercooler
K&N Cold Air Intake
4" Pro Comp Lift
Dick Cepek DC-2 Wheels
BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 02:55 AM
PSN Local

Re: Superduty truck bed value????

My 05 tail lights fit my 14 bed. The 05 tail gate uses a different hinge. The bed mounting holes are the same.

2005 F-250 6.0 L
Edge CTS
4" Straight Pipe
Blue Spring Upgrade
FICM upgrade
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 03:35 AM
PSN Newb

Like bradbilt said.....anywhere from 500-2000 depending on condition and extras..... I just bought a 09 bed with tailgate,bumper,frame mounted trailer hitch,cc step rails..all for $500. But....I'm in TX and alot of farmers just put a flatbed on their trucks and try to get whatever they can for the bed... all depends on supply&demand....

00 SCLB 4x4
04 headlights,06 grille-dash,08 leather seats-console-mirrors-tailgate,ranch hands front&back,headache rack w/lights,6637 intake,4" dual stacks,bowl delete,reg return,evb delete,FF ST2,38r,stealth1.1,php,TW&gearhead tunes,5"lift,35"BFG,stancor gp relay,CCV upgrade,..more to come..
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 12:34 PM
PSN Veteran

i need to go shop for a bed down south somewhere. They want stupid money for takeoffs (especially newer trucks) for beds.

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 12:39 PM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewd11 View Post
i need to go shop for a bed down south somewhere. They want stupid money for takeoffs (especially newer trucks) for beds.
Yep. $1500-$3000 in Michigan. If you can find a correct bed (not the newer ones).

2004 F-250 Lariat, 6.0, SCLB, 4wd, Magnaflow turbo-back, EGR delete, studded, 6.4 banjo, new oil cooler and HPOP as of 5-11-2014
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 12:48 PM
PSN Veteran

Best i could find for a 14 take off so far was 3000$ for a plain red bed. I have a two tone paint or sage/tan so by the time i was said and done i'd be at least 3500$

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 02:01 PM
Bobs 7.3

Ya its crazy especially up here in p.a. Looking for a short bed now for 3 years for my 02 and the new take offs here run 2200.00 to 3500.00. Theres a place not far from here that will paint to match for new bed,lights,wiring harness, and tailgate for $3200.00 whitch might be my route when I get the mortgage next month but damn that's still steep. If I had the time id buy and paint it myself for 2600.00 but no time.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 02:33 PM
STILL LEARNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewd11 View Post
Best i could find for a 14 take off so far was 3000$ for a plain red bed. I have a two tone paint or sage/tan so by the time i was said and done i'd be at least 3500$
That is ridiculous. Come to PA, they are 1500. Then problem is the 2011-current beds do NOT match the 99-2010.

I got a guy in MD that travels all over the south and west buying parts. Got my brother 2010 take off last year with gate and lights(in his matching color) for $2200

Looking for Blue 40-20-40 seat for OBS. PM me if any known

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode