need help from expert on 6.0 liter - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 05:29 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

need help from expert on 6.0 liter

OK truck set for awhile no coolant in it to speak of.i am pretty sure i have head gasket failure. went out to take it to the shop poured water in ran out both freeze plugs behind mounts. so had it towed it sat a couple months no leaks i started it to pull on lift after running about 30-45 seconds it poured oil from freeze out plug holes. some one told me that oil ran through those plugs behind mounts i have engine torn down for head stud kit new gaskets egr delete but is block cracked or is this possible. PLEASE HELP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 03:02 PM
Jackleg Mechanic

Re: need help from expert on 6.0 liter

Why are the freeze plugs out, did it freeze and push them out? If so then you my have a cracked block or head.

Jeff
06 F350 6.0L CCLB AMARILLO 4X4
- SCT Livewire, Quick Tricks Looney tune, XDP Coolant filter, Blue Spring Mod, High Flow Banjo bolts, Warren's 175/30 injectors with upgraded spools, ARP Studs, PowerMax Stag One Turbo, Bilstien 5100's. Banks 4in turbo back Monster exhaust. All necessary internal bulletproofing. High Idle mod
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 03:03 PM
I Just Break Stuff

If it sat with no coolant to speak of... then filled with water... then sat again .... that things gonna be full of rust. Take that sucker to the machine shop and get it checked out. Block probably needs to be hot tanked... you'll plug oil cooler after oil cooler if it's not clean. As far as oil out of the plugs.... blown oil cooler will mix fluids.
What does your degas bottle look like? There's a lot of variables that need to be put out there.

06 f250 cc Lariat
4 inch Turbo Back
EGR Delete by FCDP
SCT w/Gearhead tunes
Lowered 3 Inches
ARPs
Barder stage 3
Warren Diesel 190/100s
Fluidampr
No Limit intake
Full billet Tranny
6.4 Banjos
AD II
CTS Monitor
GS Elite Gauges
Zex Nitrous
IPR Oil Cooler Relocation kit

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I'm assuming that it did freeze and push the plugs out.I'm pretty sure that I have head gasket failure since I had already replaced EGR cooler and oil cooler probably five hundred miles before this happened after replacing those items I still had coolant loss and overheating no signs of oil and water mixing though it was puking of the gas bottle still that's how I came to the conclusion it's probably head gaskets my biggest concern is does anyone know if it is possible for oil to come out of those freeze out plug holes anyway besides the block being cracked thanks for all the help everyone.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 04:27 PM
Administrator

wow this sounds bad

oil out the ejected freeze plugs ? maybe your oil cooler split when it froze

but this sounds like it could become a whole motor transplant

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

it just seemed to me like an awful lot of oil coming out to be just like cracked block and on both sides
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 04:41 PM
Administrator

i mentioned split oil cooler

this thing is full of coolant( water in your case ) and oil a rupture would dump oil into the cooling system quickly

just a guess that is what happened

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 05:04 PM
I Just Break Stuff

Zmann... that's kinda what I was thinking too. Never heard of oil with a cracked block... least not that I can recall. Usually hydrolock with coolant.... lots of blow by... low compression with incomplete fuel burn....
Raw oil.... just makes me think oil cooler all day long.

06 f250 cc Lariat
4 inch Turbo Back
EGR Delete by FCDP
SCT w/Gearhead tunes
Lowered 3 Inches
ARPs
Barder stage 3
Warren Diesel 190/100s
Fluidampr
No Limit intake
Full billet Tranny
6.4 Banjos
AD II
CTS Monitor
GS Elite Gauges
Zex Nitrous
IPR Oil Cooler Relocation kit
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

ok guys it looks to me like the only explanation would be the oil cooler I cut it open to visually inspect it but I could not tell if it was cracked I removed the water pump the impeller was cracked but it does appear that it was pumping oil through the cooling system so as long as the block is not correct which I'm pretty sure it is and we're in good shape all in all thanks for all of your help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode