05 F350 jerks or surges. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-23-2015, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

05 F350 jerks or surges.

I'm wondering why my truck will kinda jerk or surge while accelerating. Usually happens when I'm going at speeds in the mid 60mph range and I'm at about 10 to 14 ponds of boost. Had a guy hook onto it with his scanner and it threw codes P0403, P0405, and P0611. The first two codes are exhaust codes which I'm not sure it's reading because of my EGR delete. The last is my FICM. It's a stock 48 volt and only reading 40 volts. Researching though it doesn't have the issues of hard start or dying on me that a FICM would do. Gonna put on a new one but was wondering will that fix my surging issue? Any info helps thank you.

05 F350 6.0 dually Fx4 welding truck with custom bed and SA200 welding machine. Lots of extra weight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 12:14 AM
I Just Break Stuff

Re: 05 F350 jerks or surges.

New ficm will most likely fix that.

06 f250 cc Lariat
4 inch Turbo Back
EGR Delete by FCDP
SCT w/Gearhead tunes
Lowered 3 Inches
ARPs
Barder stage 3
Warren Diesel 190/100s
Fluidampr
No Limit intake
Full billet Tranny
6.4 Banjos
AD II
CTS Monitor
GS Elite Gauges
Zex Nitrous
IPR Oil Cooler Relocation kit
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 12:51 AM
PSN Veteran

if it was mine I would go ahead and get a upgraded one.

2008 got a new flex pipe installed. S-b intake, 4in dp back exhaust, gear head tunes All deletes done now.
flow pro hot pipe. CCV mode.

2013 dodge charger

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Yeah I heard about swamp diesel, and that if I ordered one their I could get it with a tune? I just got back from napa and they said if I just replaced the PC board I wouldn't need to get it flashed but I would need to flash it if I replaced the whole thing. This is my work truck need it running right, right now. Any opinions on the best way to go about this?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2015, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Well that didn't fix it. Put on a 58 volt and it seemed good but it started doing it again after about 15 minutes of driving. Also it's making a weird noise while I'm building boost. It's not the turbo whining but sounds kinda metal like. Just does it when I'm building boost. Guess ill check my up pipe and see if the bellows are cracked but I don't know about that noise.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2015, 05:11 AM
PSN Newb

Check the readings on the IPR and ICP. These cause bucking also. Disconnect ICP and drive it a little. If it fixes the problem get an ICP. If not then test the IPR...info on this site. Then dun dun dun......HPOP.

2004 CC 250, 170/50 injectors, SCT X4, EGR delete, no studs....gonna blow soon :) 24 MPG @ 70mph.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2015, 05:23 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Just did the HPOP oil cooler and all 8 injectors. Got it back from the shop doing this crap. Thinking maybe they cracked the y pipe when they were putting it back together. I don't have a scanner to check all that other stuff. Where could I get one that's specially for powerstrokes?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2015, 06:16 AM
PSN Veteran

Garage

If you have an Android phone, or tablet with bluetooth capability, you could get the Torque app. You'll also need an OBD-II adapter.

is the one I got...well, got two actually. One for each truck. Works great, monitors almost anything you would want on a regular basis, and works on a lot of different cars. Total cost is less than $20. Yeah, you'll want to get a scangauge eventually, but this is nice to have.

Also, if it wasn't surging before the repairs I would be bringing it back to that shop and telling them to fix the new issue for free since they must have caused it....or at least try to get a reduced rate.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-28-2015, 06:52 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I'd rather catch a venarial disease than go back to that shop. I don't know how they are still in business. Higher than giraffe ##### and worthless as a condom with a hole.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Well pulled my turbo off, cleaned it but it didn't look to bad. Got a better look at the ypipe and it didn't look cracked. Put it all back together, made sure I had a good seal on my y pipe to the turbo and its running good again. No jerking surging or chirping. I think the problem was a bad seal from the turbo to the y pipe. Anyway thanks for the info and help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode