wrench light - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2015, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

wrench light

Hey I've got a wrench light on in my 05 powerstroke. I have it fully deleted and the oil cooler upgraded. Had it done last year and mabey 20000 miles ago. Also had a new radiator put in three weeks ago. I had a radiator shop do it. They also flushed the truck at this time. I've had new heads put on and arp studs. The truck is not going into limp mode and the light only comes on after work on my way home. Nothing is showing up on fords end when they scan it...truck runs great and strong and my deltas are right at the 15 degrees mark for oil and coolant...boost is running normally. I've noticed it trips the light about the 15 mile mark on my way home...I am just about to dump this truck because I'm sick of dumping money into it. This light better be something simple...what ya'll think it is?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2015, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: wrench light

Temps are 210 on coolant and 220 to 230 at most on oil...been that way since the delete.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2015, 05:14 PM
PSN Local

To me, all of the trmps seem way too high. Mine runs around 188 to 192 ect and eot 7 to 10 above ect. I have a 03 Excursion with the small water pump. I too replaced the cooler and water pump, but I also have a coolant filter. When they did the coolant flush, they may have loosen up sediment in the block.

Since the radiator is new, how old is the thermastat?

03 Excursion, Banks turbo back, K&N intake, SCT sf2, Scangauge 2, 285/70R17 on Eagle alloys, purchased June '10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2015, 06:17 PM
PSN Newb

Mine runs hot too, I have good Deltas. I can't figure out why mine is so hot either.

'05 F250
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2015, 06:48 PM
PSN Veteran

Your oil cooler is plugged, again. The wrench light is a safety built into the latest PCM flash calibration. Anything over 15* deltas it will turn the light on.

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2015, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Ya it may be plugged again. The thermostat is a month old and the pump has 20k on it. I'll have to check the oil cooler. Even with upgrades and bulletproof I'm fighting this thing...times like this makes me miss my 5.4...less power but sure didn't have half these problems...lol
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-22-2015, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

What does anyone think of bypassing the oil cooler with a B&W super cooler? I can put a cooler together and route the oil lines cheaper than 2000 for a bulletproof one. I'll have to add remote filters for the oil but has anyone done it? Just wondering...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode