Injectors... - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 02:06 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Injectors...

Disclaimer: I was uninformed before buying my first diesel and did no research prior to, so please leave the "should have done your research" comments at the door. :)

Bought my '06 two months ago.
Just now got around to getting an emissions test (required for my county) and it failed due to not having a catalytic converter. The dealer's inspection sheet claimed it passed emissions. (Must have pencil-whipped that one)

Here's the backstory:
I fueled up last Friday morning and had the emissions test done Friday afternoon.
First time seeing an emissions test, put it on the Dyno and revved the crap out of it.
Starting Saturday morning, heavy, constant black smoke while driving and heavy bluish-white smoke at an idle. Has not stopped.

Took it to dealership (who illegally sold me the truck because it can't pass emissions) and they said #8 injector is not functioning at all. Also #'s 2,3,4,6 and 7 are messed up as well.
Tech drained some fuel from the filter and said my fuel is full of water. Claims I possibly pumped a "bad tank" of fuel and the emissions test put it over the edge.

I'm at the point where I just want to make them buy back the truck because I am not prepared for the much-needed maintenance to prevent this thing from breaking in the future. (Again, I know I should have done research.)

The only thing is, they are willing to install a new catalytic converter, so I'm not sure I can make them buy it back.

Can't really afford all 8 injectors, or even 6 really.

Any advice on what I should do, or any input?

2006 F250 King Ranch CC LB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 02:29 AM
PSN Veteran

Re: Injectors...

Get a second opinion on the injectors and fuel, dealer is probably trying to cover their ass. While your at it dig into the emmisions test and laws. Find out who did the test and see if they passed it when they shouldn't.

06 f250 personal, 05 bmw x5 wife, 14 f350 srw work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmann View Post
it's a 6.0 nervous goes with it
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 02:56 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Good idea on the 2nd opinion.

About the emissions, there is only one place in my entire county that does the testing.

The dealership even said they don't bother getting emissions tested because people could come from an area that doesn't require emissions and it's not an issue. If someone buys it from in town, they say they always just reimburse for emissions costs... BS.

The law is 42-4-310 CRS. Already looked it up, it says that a vehicle SHALL NOT be sold unless it has a valid certification of emissions control. (Which could never have happened due to no catalytic converter)

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 08:32 PM
PSN Veteran

well, call a lawyers office, or a friend in the industry if you have one. see if you have a case. seems like it was illegal for them to sell you the vehicle so i think you're in luck.

Admin of BCCR

2007 f-350 CC/SB Lariat --SOLD--

2006 F-350 CC/SB Harley Davidson

- 205/100s
- Custom twin superduty pump fuel system W/ RR
- BW S366
- 4" exhaust to dual 5" tips
- air raid CAI
- 80k miles
- levelled, 35s
- Bulletproofed
- Gearhead tuning
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 03:01 AM
PSN Local

If you have that many injectors at one you need to be looking at your FICM. Very rarely do all injectors go out at once unless they have been sunjected to very low fuel pressure. The blue spring upgrade will remedy low fuel pressure.

2006 F350 4X4 CAB CHASSIS w/ Truck Bed
Blue Spring, Mishimoto tstat
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 02:42 PM
PSN Veteran

I like doing injectors in banks or sets, but its a pretty penny all at once. 2 of mine are still original at 182000+ miles. They were replaced due to stiction only.

As stated, you probably have a fuel pressure issue. Have the dealer check that first.

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode