2006 6.0 No Start - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

2006 6.0 No Start

So first a little background. I have a 2006 6.0 with 117,000 miles on it. I knew it was about time to change the EGR cooler and oil cooler and had the parts ordered. Well my FICM ended up dying on me and so I went ahead and sent the FICM in to be rebuilt and changed out the oil cooler, egr cooler to aftermarket with tubes and put it all back together and installed a coolant filter. The truck wouldn't start and I wasn't getting any faults running scan tool on it. Everything was showing that it should start. Ended up having it towed to the dealer. They called and said according to our computer it should run. I told them I knew that and that's why it was in their shop. Well he asked the Ford Mechanic hotline and someone told him to remove the glow plugs and watch the injectors. All injectors on drivers side were bad so they changed them out and test drove it. On the test drive 2 on the passenger side died so I had them change all 4 on that side also.

Well a month down the road I noticed an oil leak. When I got to looking into it the leak was coming from beneath the oil cooler housing. I pulled it apart and the gasket on the oil cooler housing was leaking and had a small spot in it that had the leak. I replaced it and put it all back together. Now the truck will not start.

I am getting codes P0264, P0267, P0270, P0273 and P0282. I have double checked the ficm plugs and all are tight. All the injector plugs seem tight. My question is should I pull them all off, clean them with electrical cleaner, apply some dielectric grease and put it all back together? I pulled the batteries and had them tested and they tested good but just a little low on the cold cranking amps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 02:49 AM
PSN Local

Garage
Re: 2006 6.0 No Start

Are you getting over 500 icp pressure when cranking?

05 F350 cclb dually, egr delete, blue spring upgrade, coolant filter, cat and muffler delete, scanguage II
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 02:54 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Yes on the ICP. Getting well over 500 ICP.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 12:06 PM
PSN Local

Garage

keep trying to crank it, may have air in the system.

05 F350 cclb dually, egr delete, blue spring upgrade, coolant filter, cat and muffler delete, scanguage II
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 12:34 PM
PSN Local

Garage

Make sure those batteries don't get weak, will ruin the ficm.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I have cranked it ALOT. I keep the charger on the batteries at jumps start level when cranking. The FICM is giving correct voltage, it never drops below 48. I think it has to be in plugs somewhere. I am pulling them all and just wondering if the dielectric grease is a good idea.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 08:21 PM
PSN Veteran

Garage

If you're absolutely certain you put all of the connections back on properly then my best guess would be to try unplugging the ICP and see if it runs. Otherwise, I'd say just triple check all connections. Oh, and dielectric grease is great for a lot of connections, but really not needed on most of those in your engine compartment due to their built-in o-rings.

May also want to check your fuel pressure.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode