ABS light & TBC fault intermittent issue - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

ABS light & TBC fault intermittent issue

Hello all. I have a 2007 F350 and on Sunday I was getting on it trying to make a light. Well my truck didn't like that. The turbo make a sound and it felt like it went into limp mode. The ABS light came on and so did TBC fault. So I pulled over and checked out my truck. Seemed fine. I loaded the stock map on because I had my gas saver tune on. Everything seemed back to normal but now when I try to start sometimes I get the TBC fault and I can't start. The codes are as follows P1000 P115A U0101 U0155 U0101.

Last week I installed a new deck and a cb radio. I'm sure everything is wired properly but maybe I knocked something loose? I made an appointment to bring my truck in but now I can't get the codes to come back. I'm worried they could cause trouble later on my 3 month road trip across the US. Any ideas? And thanks for looking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 09:45 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: ABS light & TBC fault intermittent issue

I might be wrong but the abs light and the tbc have nothing to do with the engine. My trailer brake module does not work for over a year and used to give the tbc fault. Seen the abs light a lot on work trucks when they found mud, would go away after shut off.

06 f250 personal, 05 bmw x5 wife, 14 f350 srw work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmann View Post
it's a 6.0 nervous goes with it
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 11:55 PM
PSN Local

P1000 - DTC Readiness not complete
Wouldn't worry about this one. Assuming this was shown because you just loaded a tune and it hadn't had time to run through the tests.

U0101 - Lost communication with Transmission Control Module
U0155 - Lost communication with Instrument Cluster
If the instrument cluster loses communication with the TBC and ABS module, it's plausible that it would display a TBC fault and ABS light.

P115A - Low Fuel Level - Forced Reduced Power
If the PCM thinks the fuel level is extremely low it will greatly reduce the ICP to protect the engine. This is most likely the " Limp Mode " you experienced.
Since the PCM gets the reading from the Instrument cluster, I'd say this is related to your communication problem above.

I would carefully check your recent wiring changes. Are you sure you wired everything correctly? Did you accidentally tie something into the CAN Communication Network?

Keep in mind that most modules on this truck are tied together via the network. If you have something taking down the network that also means your PCM has no communication to the FICM, Trans, ABS, etc. This would keep you from starting.

2006 F-250 6.0 Auto CC SB 4x4

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 04:52 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

That's all great info guys! Thanks a lot. Everything you guys said does make sense. I will go recheck all the wiring in the cluster and the stereo. The only weird thing I remember is the factory stereo harness had two grey/pink wires that were supposed to be illumination. I just went for one of them and it worked. I will report back tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode