6.0 lagging blowing white smoke - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-24-2015, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

6.0 lagging blowing white smoke

I have a 05 6.0 and recently has started to hesitate when I leave from stop and has no power and blows white smoke. Doesn't happen all the time but getting more frequent. Could this be bad fuel or injector problem. Thinking about pulling EGR valve and cleaning, would this help?? Thanks in advance...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-25-2015, 12:07 AM
Jackleg Mechanic

Re: 6.0 lagging blowing white smoke

Yes, clean the EGR valve and the EBP sensor and tube. That'd be a great place to start.

Jeff
06 F350 6.0L CCLB AMARILLO 4X4
- SCT Livewire, Quick Tricks Looney tune, XDP Coolant filter, Blue Spring Mod, High Flow Banjo bolts, Warren's 175/30 injectors with upgraded spools, ARP Studs, PowerMax Stag One Turbo, Bilstien 5100's. Banks 4in turbo back Monster exhaust. All necessary internal bulletproofing. High Idle mod
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-25-2015, 02:12 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Thanks, I'll check them out...

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-2015, 02:59 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Finally above 20 deg. and pulled EGR and cleaned it, EGR was full of black soot... and truck still hesitates and blows white smoke. Can't get over 10 mph sometimes and seems to do when taking off from a stop. I'm trying to do what I can because there is no diesel mechanics by me I trust besides the ford dealer and trying to avoid that.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-2015, 03:15 AM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

did you check out the EBP tube and sensor? another easy one would be the MAP sensor & hose.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-2015, 07:42 PM
PSN Veteran

where are you located?

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-2015, 07:47 PM
whistle tits

Coolant level low? Still have the egr cooler?

1997 F350 SRW CCLB 7.3 ZF5 4x4
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 03:21 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I'm in northern Illinois, I've been watching coolant level and has lowered a little. I have a new EGR valve coming tomorrow. Also checked Map sensor hose on pass. side of engine, cleaned it up and put back. Can't get to other side because of weather, garage isn't large enough... Truck is stock accept ARP head bolts and gibson exhaust.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2015, 12:00 PM
whistle tits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapinto1 View Post
I'm in northern Illinois, I've been watching coolant level and has lowered a little. I have a new EGR valve coming tomorrow. Also checked Map sensor hose on pass. side of engine, cleaned it up and put back. Can't get to other side because of weather, garage isn't large enough... Truck is stock accept ARP head bolts and gibson exhaust.
The egr valve won't stop the burning coolant issue. Sounds like your cooler ruptured, or you have blown head gaskets.

1997 F350 SRW CCLB 7.3 ZF5 4x4
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 02:55 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

EGR replaced and oil change.. Now no boost, turbo looks good and spins freely. Truck runs and drives just not showing boost.. engine light came on and code was po237 = no boost... ..map sensor on pass side. I removed and cleaned and still nothing, tried old and new egr valve and the same results, Thinking about new trying new sensor, talked to my mechanic and thinks I got a bad egr valve...Last option is the only shop in town that I don't care for... BTW my usual mechanic can't fit in his garage due to truck is dually, really sucks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode