Anyone have a known good HPOP? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 02:33 AM Thread Starter
She's ALIVE AgAiN!!!

Anyone have a known good HPOP?

Looking for a known good HPOP for EARLY 04 6.0 PSD.
Let me know if you have one and what you want for it. I'll pay shipping.
Thanks

04' (Late 03' engine) Lariat PSD, Auto, Crew cab, 4x4, high idle mod, egr delete, 6.4 banjo, blue spring, coolant filter, ARP studs, 21* HPOP, 6.4 starter, more to come.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 11:32 AM
PSN Veteran

Garage
Re: Anyone have a known good HPOP?

I take it you found out yours can't be rebuilt?
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
She's ALIVE AgAiN!!!

Joey, over at Terminator Engineering, said that the body is bad. However, Pat, over at Diesel Guru, says that he may be able to rebuild it and repair the body and rebuild the pump as well as rebuild my IPR valve. Hes going to charge to rebuild the pump of course but is going to rebuild the IPR for free with the pump service. However, that's all dependent on how bad the pump is. Once Joey gets it back to me, Ill send Pat some pictures and see what he has to say. Fingers crossed.

04' (Late 03' engine) Lariat PSD, Auto, Crew cab, 4x4, high idle mod, egr delete, 6.4 banjo, blue spring, coolant filter, ARP studs, 21* HPOP, 6.4 starter, more to come.....

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 05:33 AM
PSN Local

I would love to hear about your experience with Pat goes. His up grades for the early pumps seems to be really awesome. His mods probably would have kept my hpop from failing last year.

03 Excursion, Banks turbo back, K&N intake, SCT sf2, Scangauge 2, 285/70R17 on Eagle alloys, purchased June '10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
She's ALIVE AgAiN!!!

I will post my results back here. I am still waiting on my pump to get back from Joey, who unfortunately was not able to help due to some gouging in the pump body. Im not certain that Pat will be able to help either but Ive sent the picture to him and we will see what he has to say. Here is what the pump looks like inside.....

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-27-2015, 04:43 AM
PSN Local

did you get your pump back yet?

03 Excursion, Banks turbo back, K&N intake, SCT sf2, Scangauge 2, 285/70R17 on Eagle alloys, purchased June '10

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 07:31 PM
Banned

i think that could be fixed with some aluminum brazing rod and then cnc'd to spec.you have to really clean the aluminum and then heat it enough to wipe the aluminum brazing rod acrossed it.

there is a video on you tube that shows how the guy welds to pieces together and it will amaze you.but it's worth a try i would think but i don't know how it will turn out because it looks like the pump housing is cast.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 07:32 PM
Banned

if i have time i will try to make a video fixing something simular.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 07:48 PM
Banned

How To EASILY Repair Holes In Aluminum - YouTube

he uses a map torch i think and as you can see as the aluminum gets hot you simply wipe the rod over the area and let it cool on it's own.then put it in the cnc and true every thing up and you have a good housing again.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
She's ALIVE AgAiN!!!

I have spoken with Pat AKA Diesel Guru. Really nice guy and willing to talk things out and alleviate worries. I sent him the pic above and he stated that it was a common anomaly in the early 6.0 pumps. He also stated that there is a thrust plate that covers and seals that entire area. I have sent my pump to him which he has confirmed as a good rebuildable pump. He is charging $575 for the pump fix, 21* modification and return. He also rebuilds your IPR valve for free with this service. I am waiting for him to get back with me and my return pump and IPR. I will let you guys know how things go from there.

Equilizer......I don't know how to weld....unfortunately. Really need to learn though. And certainly don't know anything about a CNC. Pat has stated something to that effect for my pump though but I believe he is going to send me a previously rebuilt pump and work on mine for resale when he gets the time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode