HPOP and IPR Screen Woes - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-17-2015, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

HPOP and IPR Screen Woes

First, I'd like to thank all of you that contribute here as I would never attempt this without such a good resource base as y'all provide here.

I have an 06 F350 6.0L and am dealing with the no-start issue. After replacing the IPR due to low IPR pressure and a missing screen, the vehicle ran fine for a few days and then crapped out with low low side oil pressure at all. I assumed at the time that the PIR screen had passed the oil screen under the cooler and damaged the LPOP. After confirming no low side pressure I decided that in addition to new LPOP gears (which were scored), I would also do the STC fitting EGR and Oil cooler upgrade.

While all of this is going well, when I was re-installing the HPOP, I noticed the IPR started getting very tight about half way in. I immediately stopped and pulled the HPOP only to find the an additional screen stuck in the HPOP. So after all the IPR screen couldn't have damaged the LPOP as it was still there in the HPOP crushed but unbroken.

My question is there anyway to bench check the HPOP before I re install it? It seems to turn okay but I'd rather not go through all the trouble only to have to yank it again.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 02:19 PM
She's ALIVE AgAiN!!!

Re: HPOP and IPR Screen Woes

I took a rubber tipped nozzle on my air hose and put it in the top port, blocked the bottom port with my thumb, held both firmly and applied a little air to it. Immediately, it started blowing oil from the main shaft, that the gear is attached to. I have yet to get a definitive answer as to whether this was good or bad, but I think that's mainly due to no one really knowing how much oil should pass through the main shaft seal. Mine was a good amount so I sent it in for repair. Not sure if this helps or not but would be something to consider....

04' (Late 03' engine) Lariat PSD, Auto, Crew cab, 4x4, high idle mod, egr delete, 6.4 banjo, blue spring, coolant filter, ARP studs, 21* HPOP, 6.4 starter, more to come.....
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-18-2015, 03:26 PM
Big dumb redneck

Garage
Re: HPOP and IPR Screen Woes

If your lpop gears were scored up, I'd be willing to bet you lost a lifter.

2005 F350 CCLB Dually
Studded, deleted
5" straight piped
155/30's
KC Stage 1.5
Reg return
Beans sump to the stock pump
BPD FICM
Tuned by several...depends on my mood for the day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode