Issue with moonroof/sunroof - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Issue with moonroof/sunroof

First post here and new to the diesel rig. I recently purchased a 06 f250 king ranch 6.0 and noticed when I tried to use the sunroof/moonroof that It won't open. I don't hear any clicking when hitting the button to open nor the motor attempting to push it open. First thing I did is check the owners Manuel to see which fuse it could be. Turns out it shares a fuse with the mirrors and they work fine so I'm guessing that the fuse is still good. Before I take it down to ford is there any suggestions on something I can do myself?

As far as I know it's the stock setup sorry I can't be more informative but I'm still learning the ins and outtake of the ride

Thanks for any future responses
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-16-2015, 11:17 PM
PSN Newb

Re: Issue with moonroof/sunroof

You should be able to test the power from the sunroof switch. The lights and sunroof switch should pull straight down. It is held up by 4 spring clips.

I had to replace my rails due to broken plastic pieces. It was a pain but the rail repair kit was about $130 ish
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-17-2015, 02:05 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I popped the cover and noticed it was a little loose, tightened it down and what do you know it worked. I slid it back and heard a pop and noticed that the two guide pieces that run the roof back came off the track and the plastic sliding pieces broke off each slider. Going to look for replacement pieces, hopefully I don't have to buy a whole kit.

Patrick

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-25-2015, 11:16 PM
PSN Newb

I'm in the process of replacing the tracks due to same issue. Does anyone have any good pictures of the process? Also has anyone used screws and nuts to re-attach the tracts vice the rivets supplied with the kit?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 09:52 PM
PSN Newb

The rivets are in there due to the clearance. Believe me, I like to fix things myself. This was a big job. The headliner really needs to come out. I was unable to get mine out without bending it. I believe I pulled it down and to the back and then worked around it. I also bought some 3M spray glue and reattached the cloth in the front.

I would seriously buy the repair kit. If any of the plastic parts broke, it was from heat of sitting in the sun. The rest of the plastic will eventually give too. I would suggest something like this.

Ford F150 F250 F350 F450 Expedition Sunroof Repair Kit | eBay
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-29-2015, 03:49 AM
PSN Newb

i bought the same kit that superchaos linked to...just bought it directly from sunroof doctor's website. i dropped the headliner as well and removed the entire assembly and replaced the broken parts on my work bench. made it much easier. i bought a cheap rivet gun off amazon for about 15 bucks to install the rivets and it worked fine. the kit comes with instructions on how to replace the arms and all. pretty easy just time consuming

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode