To whom should I send my FICM - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

To whom should I send my FICM

Ok so I'm going to change my ICP sensor, but while I'm going to pull my FICM out I was thinking of sending it out for upgrades. I have 3 choses. 1) FICMrepair.com 2) FICMfixer.com 3) the more pricey one Bulletproof diesel.com. My truck is pretty much stock just a 4" turbo back exhaust with cat delete and S&B cold air intake stage 2 and a blue spring update. In the future I want to get a SCT programmer. No studs and still have the EGR, I planning on bulletproofing the EGR soon. Help me out guys I need this info from you so I can start the tear down this week.

04 F350 DRW 6speed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 08:30 AM
PSN Local

Re: To whom should I send my FICM

Ed... Ficmrepair.com. Call him and chat for a minute and you will have zero questions why! You already have him in the correct position. Number 1!

He spent some time discussing my ficm and ended up helping me resolve an unrelated issue. He told me my unit was acceptable right now and did not need service at this time. Meanwhile spending an hour on the phone and a dozen emails back and forth which resulted in me fixing an electrical issue and not needing to take the truck in to a shop.

When I get mine upgraded as funds allow it will be going to Ed and also getting an atlas 40 tune. He is top notch in his service and friends that I have had that sent theirs to him have had nothing but praise to say as well.

2004 CCSB Lariat 4" lift, 35's, Edge CTS Insight, SCT X3, 4" Diamond Eye turbo back cat delete with muffler, pioneer double din Nav headunit.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 08:50 AM
PSN Local

Definitely to ficmrepair.com Ed is awesome to deal with. Get the ultimate service and the Atlas 40 tune and you'll be set.

2006 F350 4X4 CAB CHASSIS w/ Truck Bed
Blue Spring, Mishimoto tstat

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 12:42 PM
PSN Local

Another vote for ficmrepair.com here. I have the Atlas 40 tune too, and I think it was worth it.

2004 F-250 Lariat, 6.0, SCLB, 4wd, Magnaflow turbo-back, EGR delete, studded, 6.4 banjo, new oil cooler and HPOP as of 5-11-2014
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-13-2015, 12:53 PM
She's ALIVE AgAiN!!!

Im voting for Ed at FICMrepair as well. I have yet to speak to the man and haven't sent my FICM to him, yet but most certainly intend to have him put the Atlas 40 on mine as well. I have heard nothing but Praise for this man and the awesome work that he does! He will be getting my business based on that fact alone. Its difficult to find a reputable person to work on or supply parts for these trucks but the high praise from members here and elsewhere says volumes about a mans work ethic and Quality.
+1 for Ed @ FICMRepair.

04' (Late 03' engine) Lariat PSD, Auto, Crew cab, 4x4, high idle mod, egr delete, 6.4 banjo, blue spring, coolant filter, ARP studs, 21* HPOP, 6.4 starter, more to come.....
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-14-2015, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Ok so its set, I will call Ed Monday morning and have this taking care of. Thanks guys for the help. I will get the ultimate service and the Atlas 40 tune.

04 F350 DRW 6speed.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 12:38 AM
PSN Newb

Another vote for Ed at FICMrepair.com. I had him do the ultra and atlas 40 and couldn't be happier! The truck starts much better and has more get up and go with the atlas 40.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 01:41 AM
Administrator

I had the same choices i went with the BPD 6 phase
no downtime and all new unit with multiple redundancy

if the money is an issue I would go with ED the third choice I have no inut on them ??

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 02:21 AM
PSN Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmann View Post
I had the same choices i went with the BPD 6 phase
no downtime and all new unit with multiple redundancy

if the money is an issue I would go with ED the third choice I have no inut on them ??
What info do you have on the BPD 6 phase? you have me curious.

2006 F350 4X4 CAB CHASSIS w/ Truck Bed
Blue Spring, Mishimoto tstat
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 02:50 AM
Administrator

what info are you after ?

the info on their website is good and they have more than one option

I have had mine for years

http://www.bulletproofdiesel.com/Bul...icmupgrade.htm

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode