Front right wheel wobble when braking roaring noise - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Front right wheel wobble when braking roaring noise

Front right wheel wobbles when breaking hard.. Also makes a ticking grinding roar. Now ac only blows from defrost.. Could it be bad bearing , and could it cause a vacuum leak..thanks
2005 f250 superduty 6.0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 02:06 PM
She's ALIVE AgAiN!!!

Re: Front right wheel wobble when braking roaring noise

I think you have more than one issue here.
Jack the front end up and grab the wheel at 12 and 6, try and shake it back and forth and se if you have a lot of play. Also do the same at 9 and 3.
In my opinion, if the wobble only occurs while braking, chances are you have a bad rotor. But something more serious could be happening as well. Bearings, Bushings, etc....
You need to diagnose further. If you can help it, I wouldn't drive it much...if at all.
As far as the A/C...Who is using A/C this time of year!?!?....Im not an A/C guy but I would venture that your blend door is faulty.
Be patient...guys with more experience will chime in help you figure this out.

EDIT:Sorry. Just seen you had another post concerning the same issue and have replies. Hope you get it figured out bud. Good luck.

04' (Late 03' engine) Lariat PSD, Auto, Crew cab, 4x4, high idle mod, egr delete, 6.4 banjo, blue spring, coolant filter, ARP studs, 21* HPOP, 6.4 starter, more to come.....
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 02:09 PM
PSN Veteran

Re: Front right wheel wobble when braking roaring noise

Does the a/c happen to blow on defrost only when you are trying to engage auto 4x4? My guess is you have a bearing issue. But as suggested, jack up the f/e and check for play in front end.

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode