Fuel pressure question. - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 02:38 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Fuel pressure question.

Hey guys I have a 95 7.3 that I converted to e fuel using a 6.0 frame pump and a secondary fuel filter housing. I got everything hooked up and it ran for a couple miles then when I gave it gas to take off from a stop it would lose fuel pressure and bog down. I thought I was sucking air in the tank cause I was at about a 1/4 tank. I pulled the bed and sure enough my pickup tube end was broke so I fixed that and its in the shop now. The truck starts fine and i build 65 psi fuel pressure. When I give it any gas though the pressure still drops to about 30 and the motor bogs down. Is this a sign I still have alot of air in the system? I can see alot of air bubbles coming out of the return line in the tank through the vent hole in the tank. By the way I removed the 6.0 fpr and im using a areomotive regulator as my return with my gauge on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 04:44 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

Re: Fuel pressure question.

i'm trying to think. did you install a housing with a cartridge filter and water sensor on the frame like a 6.0? if that's the case, a lot of people have issues with the o-ring sealing on the cap if they re-use original or use aftermarket filter kits

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Yes thats what I used. I think ford calls it the fuel conditioning module. And i did use aftermarket 6.0 filters to. Maybe I should switch them to motorcraft filters?

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 02:29 AM
PSN Newb

My OBS fuel system - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

The link above may help you.... I always used motorcraft filters and still had problems with the filter bypassing debris. I removed the primary filter from the HFCM and now use a baldwin bf1212 pre pump on my 6.0.

2006 F450 13,000# Service Truck, Sct live wire /65hp tow tune. Baldwin BF1212 primary fuel/water seperator, Cat 1R-0750 secondary fuel, CAT ELC.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 03:21 AM Thread Starter
PSN Local

Thank you for the link that is actually the site I used to build my system lol. Im going to switch my filters tomorrow with motorcraft and cross my fingers. Im hoping its just the filters cause the truck never did this before I switched to efuel. I only was able to drive it maybe 10 miles or before it started really acting up.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 01:21 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

before you head out, you might try pulling the cap off & liberally lubing the o-rings and threads just to see if it helps it seat better. shoot, you might find it pinched/crossed/bunched. either if you get a new MC set, lube it nicely too lol

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

I got a set of motor craft filters and nicely lubed the orings and installed them exactly the way the directions said. I started it up and its doing the same thing! The engine fires up and idles fine but when you give it any throttle the pressure drops to around 30 then slowly goes back up. Even letting it run without messing with the gas pedal the pressure will be right at 65 then slowly go down to 30 and creep back up. I am starting to think my new to me used pump might be bad. I checked and triple checked everything for restrictions and found none. I even took my areomotive regulator apart to make sure it didn't have any garbage in it and it was clean as a whistle.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 07:15 PM
PSN Veteran

No sender restrictions? If not, then the pump is junk.

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
PSN Local

No sender restrictions. I actually have the bed off now cause I thought the very same thing. I did find my fuel pick up shower head deal was broken off but I got a new one installed with the same result.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 09:53 PM
PSN Veteran

You can buy the pump only instead of the whole HFCM. It is boathouse parts or boat store something. Bismic1 (Mark) knows the name. That is where i got mine from. Only like 120$. OEM pump too.

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode