2006 6.0 with some issues? maybe? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 01:13 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

2006 6.0 with some issues? maybe?

Hello! I Just bought my first diesel! happy happy! 06 F 250 with the 6.0... how ever I am noticing an issue :'( now i'm going to try an explain this the best I can.

At around 50-60mph at a steady speed it will kind of jerk and act like its going to die ( has never died tho)... almost like its not getting fuel for about 10 sec then it will stop doing it... about 1 mile ( give or take) down the road will do it again. ( RPMS never fluctuate when it does it) truck starts and idles just fine.

I have tested it all the way from 30mph-75mph and it only does it between 50-60... I was thinking fuel filters or pump... took it back to the dealer today an they said it had something to do with the suspension but they went ahead an replaced both fuel filters and cleaned the EGR. Truck did need an alignment so I went ahead and got that done today as well, and other then the truck driving in a straight line, still same issue tested the truck again an its not doing it nearly as bad as before but the issue is still going on. I have no idea what the issue could be. ( I have also had someone in my family drive it an they said they felt the same thing)

I'm not sure if this is enough info for anyone to go on! but its the best I can explain!

Any help would be awesome so i can give the dealer some input as to what it could be? instead of them thinking i'm crazy

Thank you again!
Eric.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 01:38 AM
PSN Local

Re: 2006 6.0 with some issues? maybe?

Check and clean egr, ebp, iat, and maf as a start--could be pretty simple.
Also get a scangauge ii or obdii adapter and app so you can monitor pids.
will help with diagnosis and save you money in the long run.

2006 F350 4X4 CAB CHASSIS w/ Truck Bed
Blue Spring, Mishimoto tstat
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 01:44 AM
PSN Newb

Check articles on stiction, it sounds similar to what mine did earlier. I use ArchOil, but have heard good things about Rev-X. I just got The Auto Enginuity ScanTool. Wish I had it years ago.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 01:47 AM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

& what's the boost gauge showing when the symptoms come up?

and a big thumbs up for some form of a obd2 device!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 01:52 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

I have not look at the boost. never even crossed my mind :-/ I will have the truck on the road tomorrow, so I will run the tests again an watch the boost an get back to you on that.

And for the other 2 replies I will look into the sticking issue and also getting the ebp, iat, and maf cleaned.

Thank you all for your input!! :))
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 01:42 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

a note on the iat and maf sensors, MAF cleaner or Electonic parts cleaner are the best things to use (you probably already know that, just sayin). you'll likely need a security torx bit on the fasteners that hold the maf on. they a buck or two at the hardware store. t-20 security bit iirc.
also, when you pull the egr valve, be easy on the two orings. i've found that it's hard to match them with orings from parts stores. same with the gasket if you plan to reuse.

and the boost gauge going strait to 0 when the symptoms come up just might tell you that either there's a sticky turbo, sticky egr, ebp issues, or injector woes, among other things lol

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2015, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Sorry for no reply... been at another mechanic with the truck and it turns out 6 injectors are bad, Dealer is replacing them tomorrow free of charge /yay! Thank you all for your expertise.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2015, 12:52 AM
PSN Veteran

damn i wish they gave me some free injectors.

07 CCSB 4x4 Lariat FX4 Bronze Metallic/Sage
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2015, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

They sold me the truck with bad injectors :-/
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2015, 01:22 AM
PSN Newb

If they are only replacing the 6 bad injectors the other two are prob not going to have much lifespan left. I would suggest paying for the other two and having them installed while its tore down.

2006 F450 13,000# Service Truck, Sct live wire /65hp tow tune. Baldwin BF1212 primary fuel/water seperator, Cat 1R-0750 secondary fuel, CAT ELC.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode