6.0 no start 2003 test all look good so far - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 11:34 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

6.0 no start 2003 test all look good so far

Hey, ok so here is what I have. I have an 03 6.0 that I just replaced hpop, ipr and icp about 6 months ago. I checked the screen under the oil cooler when I did that and it looked good. The hpop had chunks of metal in it. It's been running good up until now. It is a fleet vehicle and leaks a lot of oil. The operator of it ran it down on oil about 5 quarts, he was driving and then it just died no warning apparently. I have an AE and checked everything I could think of...
At KOEO:
Ipr- 14.84
Icp volts- .17
Icp actual-0.0
Ficm-47.5

Cranking:
Ipr-84.77
Icp volts- .81
Icp actual-508.17
Ficm-48.00

The oil gauge on dash originally did not move then after putting oil in now it goes half way after about 2 sec of cranking.

There was a code for icp too low p2291 I believe and I cleared it and now it hasn't come back.

The battery's are new and are charged up
I've checked the fuses and nothing is blown
I am not getting any smoke oh and the ficm was replaced/fixed years back

Any advice where to go from here!? Thanks for the input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 11:34 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Re: 6.0 no start 2003 test all look good so far

Ficm sync yes ( I am running AE as my scanner and got a 1 on cranking)
CMP and CPK sync got a oscillating reading (on the AE it read 1010101 back and forth- I don't know what this means and maybe someone with an AE can tell me if its normal because I think I read that someone else with a running truck saw this and someone said it was due to the revolution of the motor or something but it meant it was synced?....)

I was told it may have air trapped in the oil from being so low so I was told to keep cranking. Did that and still no start.

Now the icp reads 420-500 which before it was 520+ each time. What gives!

Also it had a bad injector apparently that they kept running on, could that have burnt a hole through the piston leading to no compression if the injector was leaking fuel? Is that possible, I read it on a forum and was just curious

Thanks!!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 12:35 AM
Big dumb redneck

Garage

IPR is wide open. I'd pull that again and check screen. If you had metal in the hpop, chances are you still had it in the system and possibly ruined a new IPR.

Amazing the thing was still going being that low of oil. Just makes me wonder what damage has been done though....

2005 F350 CCLB Dually
Studded, deleted
5" straight piped
155/30's
KC Stage 1.5
Reg return
Beans sump to the stock pump
BPD FICM
Tuned by several...depends on my mood for the day.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-25-2015, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

Well when I pressure tested the system at the icp in the back I heard a hissing noise that changed pitch when charging the ipr but not location, the sound came from the turbo oil drain pipe, so the sound was under the hpop cover. So being an 03 I had to dismantle the intake and all. But got done to it and stuck a air gun with a rubber tip onto the top of the hpop where it would go into the cover, and had air and oil come out the discharge tube running between the hpop and the branch tubes. The fun was then trying to get that tube off, I posted another thread asking help there and finially got it off, basically the grove where the circle wire goes up into to allow the pipe to unlock and slide out was cruded up either from the dislodged o ring or just dried sludge(it was nasty looking) but after taking a screwdriver with the tool I made to give even more pressure I wiggled and pulled and wiggle and cussed it off -after the 10th time trying that approach. My buddy who works on these all day said he had never seen one like that. Go figure. Anywho I put a new pipe on and new hpop o rings pressure tested again... All good and now she runs! Thanks for the help!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode