2005 6.0 Powerstroke Problems - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 04:19 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

2005 6.0 Powerstroke Problems

I have a 6.0 2005 F-250 Powerstroke that i've been having some trouble with. About a month ago, I started hearing a loud ticking noise and about a day later, it started pouring white smoke. I ran an injector buzz test thinking it was a bad injector and it came up with injector 8 not firing. So, I went and replaced injector 8, started it up, took it for a ride, and ran a KOER test with the scan tool since it was now running pretty rough. From this test it came up with the code injector 8 low, so I went back in and tested all of the pins in the harness for injector 8 and checked the amperage for the various wires going to the injector and found that all were within spec. I also replaced the connector to the injector since one of the pins had been pushed down too far to make a good connection. After running the KOER test with the scan tool again, this time I got cylinder 8 contribution/balance fault. The only other thing I could think of from here was a bad FICM, so I replaced it, but I'm still getting the cylinder 8 contribution/balance fault code. The truck is running better now though. At low RPM idle it does have a significant knock, but when it goes into high idle, the knock goes away and it runs smoothly. It also runs perfectly fine going down the road. I am truly at a stand still now and have no idea what else to try. Does anyone have an idea of what this could be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 07:03 PM
PSN Local

Re: 2005 6.0 Powerstroke Problems

Just a though but you may have dropped a lifter. Have you checked your rocker arms?
Saw one where a guy had an awful noise, pulled the cover and he had a bent push rod and a trashed rocker. On the lifter if it was that bad I would assume your low pressure oil pump would be trashed--but maybe it's early. Also--you probably need to do a compression check. Just my thoughts.

2006 F350 4X4 CAB CHASSIS w/ Truck Bed
Blue Spring, Mishimoto tstat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode