Hard start and romping no throtal - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
< pissed off pumkin.

Talking Hard start and romping no throtal

He the boss has a 05 thing sat for a week . Went to start it today at lunch time and it did,nt want to start, He says it took about 5 minutes before it smoothed out, romped the whole time. He said it also had no throtal, pushed it to the floor and nothing hapenned, This truck is all stock. the tec at the Ford dealership said it could be injectors, what about glow plugs, relay controler box. I,m not that good with the 6.0, as you can see I have a 7.3. any idea,s would be appreciated.

Dan

2003 F-350 4x4, Ext cab. 7.3 AFE stage II 4" turbo back exhaust, garret GTP 38, 1.15 van turbine housing,EBPV deleated, non waste gated, ATS compresor housing, WW II, bellowed up pipes, CFM + spyder conversion, Hydra chip with Bill's tunes, CCV mod, Hutched, harpooned, RR fuel system, 6.0 trans cooler, Swamps IDM, HPX.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 07:10 PM
Going Crazy

Send a message via MSN to badluck_early99
Re: Hard start and romping no throtal

My dads 6.0 did a very similar thing, turned out they had to replace the ECU and update it to the latest software... now it runs great.

1999 F250 PS 6spd, 37x12.50x17 ProComp Xmud, 06 Grill & Lights. DP tuner, Terminator Hpops, Garrett 42, Casserly B codes, FASS Fuel system by DI, H11's, ITP Reg Return W/Bowl Delete, Sknab 6oh Intercooler, DIY Intake, 4'' Exhaust, Itp OBA, Autometer boost and pyro, , ccv

-Richard-
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 07:16 PM
Proud PSN Sponsor!

Find out what oil is in it. My 2004 romped bad when it was cold here until I ran either Motorcraft 10W30 diesel oil or the Schaeffers 7000 or 9000 synthetics...any of these keeps my truck from romping. Any other 15W40 diesel oil I tried would romp (Delo, Rotella, Castrol).

Dennis Schroeder - Co-Owner of Strictly Diesel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/

Race Truck :: 6050# / 11.31 @ 120mph / Best 60' of 1.56 ... with "Built" Race Engine (Fuel Only!)
Race Truck :: 5980# / 10.965 @ 124mph / Best 60' of 1.54 ... with "Built" Race Engine (Nitrous)

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 10:07 PM
PSN Veteran

What was the Temp?? 6.0s are cold natured.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
< pissed off pumkin.

Talking Re: Hard start and romping no throtal

I forgot thay part when I posed the ? I would say in the mid thirties. It been fine sence then then , have to remember it sat for over a week.

Dan

2003 F-350 4x4, Ext cab. 7.3 AFE stage II 4" turbo back exhaust, garret GTP 38, 1.15 van turbine housing,EBPV deleated, non waste gated, ATS compresor housing, WW II, bellowed up pipes, CFM + spyder conversion, Hydra chip with Bill's tunes, CCV mod, Hutched, harpooned, RR fuel system, 6.0 trans cooler, Swamps IDM, HPX.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-05-2007, 04:05 AM

i would say it was just cold. That tends to happen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode