scaners - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 01:20 AM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

scaners

can any one or all give an opinion about the autoenginuity scanner or if there is a better one for a novice thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 02:08 AM
Wyo
scouts out...

Re: scaners

In my opinion AE is probably over a novice skill set to use. It's pretty in depth and can do a lot. If your just using it to pull codes there are cheaper options out there. I use my SCT livewire tuner as my scanner, haven't had any issues yet. My skill set is abit above novice so if I have a code my SCT won't find I do have a scanner that will find it, but in all honestly if I have to break out that scanner then the truck is probably going in the shop anyways. With my SCT I can look at ALOT and get a view of how the truck is running, how my injectors are doing, how my ficm is, all kinds of stuff and it's easy to use. The AE program I got rid of I simply didn't like it. But that's my opinion, there's several people on here that really like.

2007 CC, Lariat, 6.0L, TreadWright guard dogs, straight piped out the back, egr delete, blue spring, 6.4 banjo bolts, high idle mod(bcp), bulletproofed, SCT Livewire TS with Drews street runner(under development for high elevation), Innovative, and Vivian's tunes, ww2.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 04:26 AM
PSN Veteran

I have the A/E Ford bundle and love it. It is the closest you can get to the Ford system! But as stated it is not for a beginner.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 01:19 AM
PSN Newb

I have changed out the Tranny oil and filter in my '04 6.0 and it is running just fine. I intended to install a tune using the Superchips Flashpaq 1842 after putting about 500 miles on the tranny. I did the tune today after 400 miles and used the "performance" tune. It really upped the power, more than I expected. I got on the computer to find out how many horses it added and I found it added 111 horses. I was expecting something on the order of about 40 horsepower boost. Do you think 111 extra horsepower on an essentially stock engine is too much. Please advice. The truck is running fine, I just have an uneasy feeling. Thanks.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 05:43 PM
PSN Local

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsalinas View Post
I have changed out the Tranny oil and filter in my '04 6.0 and it is running just fine. I intended to install a tune using the Superchips Flashpaq 1842 after putting about 500 miles on the tranny. I did the tune today after 400 miles and used the "performance" tune. It really upped the power, more than I expected. I got on the computer to find out how many horses it added and I found it added 111 horses. I was expecting something on the order of about 40 horsepower boost. Do you think 111 extra horsepower on an essentially stock engine is too much. Please advice. The truck is running fine, I just have an uneasy feeling. Thanks.
Blown head gaskets are probably in your future IMO.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 06:08 PM
PSN Newb

Thanks for the quick reply. I will return it to stock settings and see if one of the other settings will not be as aggressive.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode