What's this plug??? - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
PSN Newb

What's this plug???

Hey guys, I was taking off my front bumper to install an ARB and under the drivers side headlight is a wire and plug fastened to the fender well. It goes to nothing as it has a cover over the plug harness. I know its not the block heater cuz that is on the other side. Sorry I don't have any pictures yet but I will try and get one up to show what I'm looking at. Any idea's?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-18-2014, 04:42 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

Re: What's this plug???

some fords that have fog lights as an option (but not stock) will have a covered harness plug like that over on one side or the other that services both fog lights. you got fogs?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-18-2014, 05:05 PM
Professional American, guarding our constitution. Gone, but not forgotten.

Also if you got the truck used, it may have at one time had a snowplow and that's either the lighting or control plug. On my Fisher plows the power plug is on the left side and the control/lights are on the right. It's got quite a few pins/conductors to it, off the top of my head I don't know exactly how many but at least 6 in each

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-18-2014, 07:52 PM
Banned

Do you have the overhead console in the cab by any chance? It COULD be the ambient air temp sensor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode