Stranded at a gas station - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2014, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
06 FX4,4" Rough Country

Stranded at a gas station

I've got someone coming to pick me up, but I'm looking for help troubleshooting it. Yes I've read the no start trouble shoot thread. Anyways trucks been doin fine, I just drove 2 mins from the gym to the gas station and turned it off to run inside and when I came out it won't even turn over. Just sounds like a vaccum. All the gauges work so I'm guessing its not the battery, and the oil press gauge won't move so I'm guessing its got zero oil pressure? Seems idiot proof there just looking for all the opinions I can get and what to do next.

06 F250 CCLB FX4, 173K, Egr delete, Blue spring, SCT performance tune, AFE cold air, 4" Rough Country, 35x12.50 Cooper STT m/t, Fuel Hostage 18x12 -44 offset, 4"dp into 5" Diamond Eye system
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2014, 09:53 PM
Administrator

Re: Stranded at a gas station

sounds like a vacuum ?
starter just spinning but not engaging the flywheel ??

DTR's Donation page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2014, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
06 FX4,4" Rough Country

If that's the case what would the problem be?

06 F250 CCLB FX4, 173K, Egr delete, Blue spring, SCT performance tune, AFE cold air, 4" Rough Country, 35x12.50 Cooper STT m/t, Fuel Hostage 18x12 -44 offset, 4"dp into 5" Diamond Eye system

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2014, 11:42 PM
Terminator Nation

If the starter is turning over and the engine isn't, you need a new starter because the starter drive is not engaging.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 02:22 AM
Banned

The bendix isnt popping out like it is supposed to.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 03:18 AM
'05 Excursion

If you can get to it sometimes a good whack will free it unless its dead.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

SCT, no studs...yet, Dual OEM intake air filter housings, Banks intercooler & intake elbow, Banks exhaust syatem, Windrunner ported intake manifold, Bullet Proof Diesel remote oil cooler & thermostat, AirDog2 (plus a couple spares), Power steering filter (Amsoil dual-bypass), MagTec deep ATF pan, Electric oil pre-lub pump, Dakota Digital gauges.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Agreed unless your flywheel is the issue (not likely)

DTR's Donation page

RIP DTR Ron
you are missed and will live on through your great video library contribution to the DIY community

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 03:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Term3 View Post
If you can get to it sometimes a good whack will free it unless its dead.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Yup. We've been having that issue with our skid steer recently. Bendix won't pop out so we have to hit it with a hammer. Only does it in cold weather though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
06 FX4,4" Rough Country

Well I got under it to hit it with a hammer and when I did I realized that one of the bolts holding the starter on was broke off and laying under my axel. Apparently it came out yeaterday when I tried to start it. I'd been hearing an annoying rattling sound a few weeks and couldn't find it to save my life and now I'm guessing that's what it was. Problem is I'm sure the bolt broke off in the threads. So when I get that out I just put a new bolt in an try to start it up I guess

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 07:18 PM
"Slap hands slap hands"

good luck same exact thing happened to me expect a chunk of my started and the bolt broke off the starter and to boot it was in the Venetian parking garage so I couldn't even low boy tow it out because of clearance issues. was pretty embarrassing crawling under my truck and changing out a starter in the middle of valet but it fixed the problem which is all I cared about. keep us posted if that fixes it or not sounds like its a easy cheap fix hopefully.

JB

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode