ELC Antifreeze source found finally! - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Garage
ELC Antifreeze source found finally!

I don't know what it is, but I live in a black hole or something. You can't buy anything here and everything takes at least two weeks to get here when you order it. lol Anyway, I couldn't find a local source for any EC-1 approved antifreeze, specifically I was looking for Rotella ELC (not the Ultra ELC), except the local NAPA which wanted almost $100 just for shipping on FOUR GALLONS!! Add to that their $40/gal cost and I promptly had a heart attack. Even our local big rig shop didn't have any. So I went to Boise and found some more places, all wanting ridiculous prices and outrageous shipping. I think I have spent literally a full 24-30 hours of my life calling, driving, talking, etc just trying to find some locally. I was even begging at one of the OTR shops that had it in 55 gallon drums, but they wouldn't do it....it was for "fleet use only".

Anyway, I found an online source that, after shipping costs, is cheaper than I would probably be able to buy the Rotella locally anyway. Even if it was in stock! They sell it by the case (of six) and with shipping it came out to $141. That's basically $23.50 per gallon of the concentrate.

I figure that even if I value my time at minimum wage, I have already spent that much just looking for the stuff, not to mention the fuel I used travelling around. So if I can help at least one person who is also having difficulty finding some of this, then my mission is complete! hehe Anyway, I got it at F&L Petroleum Products. This is the webpage: SHELL ROTELLA ELC EXTENDED LIFE - Buy Online Now! SHELL ROTELLA E ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 12:03 PM
PSN Newb

Re: ELC Antifreeze source found finally!

I did a crap load of looking too and ended up getting 4 gallons of the prestone 9000 elc ex-1 on amazon. Free shipping and $25 per gallon. I probably would have gone with the rotella too if I could have found some. I don't know why rotella and dello don't have it on the shelf at your local walmart. Why is the stuff so hard to get?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 03:28 PM
'05 Excursion

ELC Antifreeze source found finally!

If you go into your local parts store and ask them to order it in they will most likely order it in for you. Especially if your a regular customer.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

SCT, no studs...yet, Dual OEM intake air filter housings, Banks intercooler & intake elbow, Banks exhaust syatem, Windrunner ported intake manifold, Bullet Proof Diesel remote oil cooler & thermostat, AirDog2 (plus a couple spares), Power steering filter (Amsoil dual-bypass), MagTec deep ATF pan, Electric oil pre-lub pump, Dakota Digital gauges.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 11:55 PM
Big dumb redneck

Garage

Zerex G05 is a wise choice as well. Found it at Napa and Carquest for about $17/gal.

2005 F350 CCLB Dually
Studded, deleted
5" straight piped
155/30's
KC Stage 1.5
Reg return
Beans sump to the stock pump
BPD FICM
Tuned by several...depends on my mood for the day.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2014, 12:10 AM
PSN Veteran

Fleet charge, at oreilys $23 a gallon in the back they stock it but not on the shelfs up front

Pmax & batmowheel
Banks technicooler
Arp's
Warren 175/75's
Fass titanium 125 w/ sump
Volant intake
5" mrbp turbo back 6" tip
Reg. return w/6.4 banjos and oil and coolant filter
Sct itsx on iPad w/ Drew's tunes
Idp ficm tune
Snow water/meth
Empty bank account
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2014, 06:26 AM
PSN Newb

Zerex g05 I have run before but is pretty much the ford gold stuff and not an ELC. It still has silicates in it that can plug stuff up. I never had a problem with it when I did use it but running a cat Ec-1 coolant just makes me feel better. O'rilies wanted 28 or 29 bucks a gallon up here in Alaska. That's why I went with Amazon.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2014, 12:46 AM
PSN Newb

I just found some shell rotella concentrate for 29 a gallon at a local truck stop
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
PSN Veteran

Garage

Parts store folks around here are, unfortunately, uneducated about antifreeze. I can't tell you how many times I heard them tell me that using DEXCOOL was the same as running Rotella or Fleetguard or CAT, etc because it's orange and orange is just like red since yellow and red combined make orange! I'm not making this up either!!

I'm happy with the price I paid, just hate having to wait for the shipment.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-2014, 01:06 AM
PSN Veteran

my local napa stocks zerex ?? we retail it for 15.99 gallon advance carries the peak brand I don't remember exactly but it was 17 or 18 a gallon

Fixing ford diesels since before they had turbochargers
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 06:09 AM
PSN Newb

I bought Rotella Ultra Concentrate, 6 gal for 122.00 total incl shipping from Keller Heartt Oil Co. That's 20.333 per Gal

http://www.kellerheartt.com/Rotella-.../550024730.htm

2006, F-350, 6.0, 4x4, Lariat, crew cab, long bed
MagnaFlow 4" exhaust system
DC Power 190 amp alternator
Ranch Hand grill guard
DFuser coolant filter
Ctek battery tender
Firestone air bags
HFCM water plug
Blue Spring mod
HID headlights
Accufab elbow
Bilstein shocks
ScanGauge II
Zoodad
ARCHOIL (AR9100, AR6200) & PRI-D & PRI-G Dealer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode