Diesel leak and EOTvs ECT on My 2006 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Allen

Diesel leak and EOTvs ECT on My 2006

Hello Guys,
As a new member I must say this site has been a fantastic source for information about the 6.0's. OK,
First:
My engine is a newly installed rebuilt with 1100km. The truck was stolen and recovered but the motor had been over heated. I ended up with a new rebuilt Long block and turbo. I have attached a couple of photos showing the puddle of Diesel on my shop floor and a photo of where the diesel appears to be coming from, somewhere on the back of the block / head and dripping off the starter, lines, hoses, bell housing.... The valley is dry so I am stumped. Any ideas?

Second:
EOT and ECT, I installed a new Scan-Gauge to monitor the Engine oil Temperature vs the Engine coolant temperature as I believe Ford states the temperatures should not vary much. 2 to 5 degrees is acceptable. I took it for a drive and the temperature differential maintained a 12 to 16 degree difference. The engine maintained a pretty constant temperature around 190 degrees F. The oil on the other hand was considerably higher at 202 to 206 degrees F. This differential was recorded during a no load situation and at an average cruising speed of 110 km/h with an outdoor temp of +5 degrees C (41 degrees F) A little research on this tells me that the oil cooler is in the early stages of failure. Or is this normal for a new engine during the break in period?

Any comments from you guys would be greatly appreciated. My truck was stolen last October and getting it back to normal has been a PITA to say the least,
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Fuel Leak.pdf (563.5 KB, 5 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 05:46 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

Re: Diesel leak and EOTvs ECT on My 2006

based on my own reading, i agree with you on the oil cooler. but why wouldn't they rebuild/replace the oil cooler when rebuilding the engine?

not sure on the fuel leak.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Allen

I called the installer and he agrees with me as well, He stated it was a new cooler installed but has no explanation on why the temps are up. He has however, said that he will replace it. Even offered to come and pick the truck up with a trailer. Pretty happy with the service and to have somebody who stands behind their work. He suspects that the fuel leak is the Dummy plug on the head, on the opposite end of the banjo bolts. I just got to figure out what kind of gasket/ o-ring I need now. Fun fun fun.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 06:26 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

yes! that's great service!

& the dummy plugs make perfect sense to me

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode