Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

A/C Issue

816 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  lenzhotrod 
#1 ·
I put a new alternator on my '03 F250 6.0 yesterday. Today the A/C will not blow out of the dash, it blowing out of the defroster. I'm assuming I disconnected a vacuum hose? I've looked everywhere I can think of. Any ideas?? Thanks

#2 ·
on my 2000 the vacuum pump wasnt running and was causing this issue, i tore the pump apart and found that the pressure switch inside was sticking and not letting it run. doubt this will be the same for you but never know

#3 ·
Assuming you have AutoHubs (4x4), do they work correwctly or do you have to get out and manually lock them? I had a similar issue and it turned out to be a vacuum line goingg to one of the hubs. And IIRC, the vacuum pump on a 6.0 is electronic. I thought it was mechanical on the 7.3. (Not familiar with it)

#4 ·
on the obs 7.3 its belt driven but on 99-up its electric

#5 ·
Just behind the oil fill this a little black canister type thing. It has a grey vacuum line that attaches to it. Might have knocked it off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.