6.0 Powerstroke Coolant flush procedure - Page 3 - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-06-2014, 10:25 AM
PSN Newb

Re: 6.0 Powerstroke Coolant flush procedure

This may be a stupid question but new to diesels. Just bought 2005 F350, 98,800 miles. I've replaced degas cap with a Stant and also installed Performance Machine Coolant filter. I plan to do flush/fill at 100,000 miles. My question is what do I do about coolant filter? Will it not just block all the gunk from being flushed out? Thanks for any insight.

Definition of Insanity....AutoGuide
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 08:13 AM
PSN Newb

Anybody?

post #23 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 01:34 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted4Fun View Post
This may be a stupid question but new to diesels. Just bought 2005 F350, 98,800 miles. I've replaced degas cap with a Stant and also installed Performance Machine Coolant filter. I plan to do flush/fill at 100,000 miles. My question is what do I do about coolant filter? Will it not just block all the gunk from being flushed out? Thanks for any insight.

does it have shut-offs on either side like a sinister filter head? either way, block the flow through it & install a new filter when you flush?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."

post #24 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-08-2014, 12:14 AM
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd-250 View Post
does it have shut-offs on either side like a sinister filter head? either way, block the flow through it & install a new filter when you flush?

It does have shut offs.
Thanks for your help.

post #25 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-08-2014, 03:40 PM
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!

i started thinking about it again. if you close either side of filter head, remove filter & just open drainc0ck, opening one of the shut-offs at a time will get the fluid out of those lines. re close them, put new filter on & flush as normal. that way you won't have to worry about junk in the filter, head, or the aux lines. & Thank You for making me think on it!

"Farts are like a good bourbon, add a small touch of water to bring out the excellence."
post #26 of 47 (permalink) Old 08-09-2014, 02:26 AM
PSN Newb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd-250 View Post
i started thinking about it again. if you close either side of filter head, remove filter & just open drainc0ck, opening one of the shut-offs at a time will get the fluid out of those lines. re close them, put new filter on & flush as normal. that way you won't have to worry about junk in the filter, head, or the aux lines. & Thank You for making me think on it!

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for revisiting my situation.

post #27 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 02:53 AM
PSN Local

This is a great write up.

2005 F250 King Ranch - 4.5 inch lift, Edge Evolution, 35s, studded, custom exhaust, hid kit.
post #28 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 05:53 AM
PSN Newb

I am new to the powerstroke. How many miles before these engines start to see problems? I am looking to buy a truck. The 05 has 84k all stock. The 04 has 146k with EGR delete and remote oil filters. Any input would be helpful.
post #29 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-24-2015, 09:34 PM
PSN Newb

Excellent write up...thanks
post #30 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-26-2015, 02:15 AM
PSN Newb

What a great article! Answered every question I had and educated me on a few things also! Can't beat that!! Thanks................ I love my Ford Powerstroke!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode