Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Best place and price to buy tires and ship to Canada???

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Bigdog 
#1 ·
Hey guys just wondering where in the states is the best prices for tires and still come out ahead after shipping to Canada??

#2 ·
I've done the math over and over again. Unless you are mounting and balancing yourself, you'll rarely win ordering tires from the states. Tirerack.com and 1010tires.com are the two I usually check. Then I go into my local Kal-Tire, Fountain Tire, OK Tire, and occasionally Crappy Tire, and get mounted and balanced prices on the same or comparable tires. I still haven't been able to justify the savings out of the states.

The biggest problem comes if you get a flat... Most local shops will fix or replace for free... not gonna happen with online tires.

#3 ·
I can't agree, as theres been many folks I know buy new out of the USA and be hundreds of dollars ahead. thats from hotrod low profile rubber for mustangs and drag radials, up to big 4x4 rubber. I know a few that have gotten free shipping to (lower 48) The Montana Shipping Outlet in Sweetgrass Montana. drive down pick them up yourself. and be even further ahead. You don't have your location listed there, but I often get parts shipped to the shipping outlet, drive down and bring it across myself. way way cheaper. most often I'll make sure to buy from a place that does free lower 48 shipping just for that.

#4 ·
Just priced out rubber today. toyo m/t's 37 13.5R20's

In canada 700 each. 659 was the cheapest i could find.

In the US 420 with free shipping to lower 48. It's going to cost me 100 bucks to have them brought over the border to me.

I like to support canadian companies, but when they won't support me, #### em! I don't like getting ripped off to me face. Prices in canada are bull ####!

#6 ·
Myself and the wife have just recently relocated back to Canada from the lower 48 area and we can't believe the price of everything in Canada, not just tires! But anyway we order most of our stuff (truck parts to household items) from the lower 48 and get them shipped to a friends place in Utah and then go on a trip and collect it all. Next is tires for my unit, but in exchange I have to work on his 03 Excursion. Not sure who makes out like a bandit that way?LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.