Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

What is this?

1K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  tbolt 
#1 ·
I am trying to figure out what has been done to my truck by previous owners. I have pulled all kinds of odd things out of the vehicle but this one has me stumped.

Any clues?
thanks

See less See more
#5 ·
That is an odd spot. Mine is located just behind and to the left of the batt on the pass side. Sorta/kinda looks like the stock GP relay.;)

#7 ·
its not HIS starter solenoid, if you look in the backround his truck has a starter wire, and its an 03, they didnt have relays like old school... Might be used for aux lights.... where do the wires go?

#9 ·
if it does go down to the starter, than someone doesnt know how to trace wires and replace the spent relay or fuse and jsut bypassed it by putting a tractor supply relay of thier own

#11 ·
It's probably there for a snow plow. Had a similar one on my truck when I bought it.

#13 ·
Looks exactly like the spot where the starter solenoid would be. My 2000 has one right there. As does the OBS. And every PS I've ever seen with a 7.3. Looks like a rigged up, non-factory one, but still looks like its for the starter to me.

#15 ·
I thought snow plow at first but it would have larger gage wire if it was a snow plow relay, that relay really could be used for a lot of different things

#16 ·
my guess would be for charging a camper battery only while truck is running. and it's a electro magnetic relay :poke:

#18 ·
ding ding ding we have a winner, camochris pick your prize LOLLOLLOL

#20 ·
Isolator for a trailer is the correct answer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.