Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Upfitter Switches

25K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  dritter 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has tried to put upfitter switches in the cubby hole in 1999-2004 trucks? if any one has pictures that would be awesome. I would really like to put them in my truck.
thanks for any info guys

#2 ·
I put them in my 03 and made a filler panel for the rest of the cubby hole. there is a spot in the fuse box that has the same plug as the upfitters, I simply plugged the upfitters in and moved the 2 pins out of the factory connector into the upfitter connector.

#5 ·
how did you mount the switches into the cubby hole?

#6 ·
I pulled the switches out of the surround, then put it in place, marked it and dremeled where the tabs go and it just clipped in

#7 ·
cool thanks for the pictures

#8 ·
Could you just install the entire 05+ lower dash assembly to the 99-03 for a cleaner factory look?? Also, how hard would it be to integrate the factory trailer brake controller to our trucks?? Thanks for any help

-- Ryan

#9 ·
The 05-07 lower center panel fits with a bit of trimming of the plastic support bars of the dash frame. It would be next to impossible to install a TowCommand on an older truck, since it is patially integrated to the 05+ instrument cluster, requires a new master cylinder, and the PCM requires a re-flash.

#12 ·
Is this thread still active

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.