Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Question about injector nozzles

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  theSLEEPER 
#1 ·
A friend of mine has a 96 stroker with stock AD codes 140 cc injectors correct me if I'm wrong which I am a lot of the time he wants more out of his injectors and has a guy that works for a injector building company that said he would redo his nozzles and make them bigger for around 300 he is wondering how they will perform and what it would do to his fuel economy with custom tunes would they turn out to be like a mild stage 1 and how much bigger should he go on the nozzles. note the injector guts aren't changing just the nozzles hope this makes sense thanks for any input

#2 ·
Did he put the AD's in there? Those are split shot injectors out of a SD...

He could swap larger nozzles on there and they would be like having a stage 2 injector. Normally stage 1's are about 160cc (could be 180cc, could be 150, not the point) with a stock nozzle and a stage 2 is a 160cc with a larger nozzle.

So putting a larger nozzle will empty the injector quicker giving it more power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.