Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Silly question time

466 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  DocBar 
#1 ·
First of all, I'm pretty new to diesel performance. I've owned them for a LONG time, but never got into serious upgrades until recently. Secondly, I'm a complete suspension idiot.:D
My dilema, with admittedly minimal research, is what would be the best 2.5" leveling kit and front/rear airbag suspension combinations work the best? I currently run 285/75/R16's but I'm thinking of going to 18" or 20" rims with 305+ tires. I pull an 11K 5er a few times a year but not much else. I'm also going to add traction bars, but not sure of the maker yet. Do you guys have any good suggestions? I've owned 1 tons most of my life, so I'm not looking for a Cadillac ride or anything. It WOULD be nice to be able to get down low for handling when I "road race" it. Lets give it a budget of $3,000. By idiot, I mean that I'm mechanically inclined but short of time, I can change out tie-rods, ball joints, shocks and rear ends, but I have no idea about differentials, transfer cases, etc. R&R I can do on a stock level. Understanding upgrades or why people like thos over that is beyond me. Please advise.

#2 ·
Nobody has a reply? Really?

#3 ·
wheels, tires, bags, traction bars, and level kit? you better up your budget. :)

#4 ·
Very helpful. Up it to what? Have an opinion on suspension kits? I can get rims and tires for $1500. How much does a quality airbag suspension cost?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.