Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

7.3 posi?

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Michael250 
#1 ·
Anyone know if 95 7.3's came with posi rear ends?

#3 ·
Ever think of putting something in like this -> POWERTRAX LOCK-RIGHT Locker

#5 ·
Just wondering if people have tried this one, and how they like it. I know the Detroit is really good, but quite a bit more money.

#6 ·
I had to replace the clutch packs in my limited slip in my SD and I kick myself in the ass for not upgrading to a locker all the time. So if you're doing diff work I would sugest a locker of some type while everything's apart.

#8 ·
Yeah, the other day I had the hubs free, and parked with the passenger side in a snow bank. When I went to leave, the back tire just spinned like no tomorrow. Rocked her back 'n forth until I got free (too lazy to get out and lock the hubs), but it would have been nice to be able to just drive out. From what I've seen so far, the lock rights seem good, but like was mentioned I'm concerned about what happens when I put stress on her. I sometimes pull heavy stuff, and don't want the thing to blow apart when I'm working it.

#7 ·
I have run a lock-right in an older F150, slightly noisy around corners, but worked perfect. Worse with a manual. they look cheesy, but perform very well. Not sure on a hopped up diesel.

#11 ·
Axle code is 39. From what I've found out in the meantime, this is a 3.55, 6250lb, FORD, REG )Ford Axle Code Chart .: Articles).

So that means no posi. Too bad. I also thought that all 250 diesels came with heavier axles than 6250lbs. :(

#13 ·
Thanks so much guys, for all your help!
Michael.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.