Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Where is everyone mounting their Edge Insight CTS monitors?

58K views 79 replies 37 participants last post by  rock_doctor 
#1 ·
Think I'm gonna go ahead and order the Insight CTS for my truck. I'll probably do the A-pillar mount, but curious to see where everyone else is mounting theirs.

#6 ·
"tge" is because I cant type the word "the" lol. The a pillar mount is a mount that goes underneath your grab handle:

Im assuming you could buy the autometer 13001 or edge 18401 pillar pod:

and then use the CTS adapter:

Edge Products| Product

I used that knock out panel where the esof switch would be. I have the 4x4 shifter on the floor so the switch location in the replaceable panel was a great spot for me.
Have any pics?

#5 ·
I used that knock out panel where the esof switch would be. I have the 4x4 shifter on the floor so the switch location in the replaceable panel was a great spot for me.

#11 ·
Matt, yeah i updated it right when i got it...it now has the newest version. But when updated the 03-04 trucks wont get the new PID's...only the 05-07 trucks will. So guys with the 03-04 trucks have to call edge and edge will send a beta test update though the FUSION firmware for this issue that the 03-04 trucks are seeing. After doing this i did end up getting some new PID's but didn't get the ICP pressure. Edge said it's because of the difference in the PCM's. There's been alot of talk about it on powerstroke.org, here's a link to the thread....

Edge Insight new update.!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

#14 ·
ok I ordered the two pieces above. Got them in today. Here are the instructions for the adapter:

Basically the adapter attaches to the back of the CTS and the the adapter snaps into the regular insight pod.

Here is the pod in the truck:

Here is the adapter snapped in the pod:

Now I guess I just need to get a CTS to see if it works lol.

#16 ·
I could be wrong, but I don't think there's going to be enough room between the grab handle and the dash for the CTS to fit.

#17 ·
I put mine on the windshield mount that it came with. I put it in the top corner of the windshield by the a-pillar and ran the wires behind the a-pillar. From the outside of the truck you cant even see it to know there is anything there. I love it.

#18 ·
I only have the CS, but I changed the dash mount and put it under the dash. I'll try to get a pic up here in a min. But it would work for the CTS also.

#27 ·

#29 ·
i just left mine light gray the way it came from edge, i like it looks cleaner then the suction cup

Only downfall to me is when the sun is behind you and shining on it, you can't read it

#32 ·
What he said

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.