Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Updating the truck, advice on some parts

1K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Dieselhead Jake 
#1 ·
So Ive put in some harley headlights, tinted the 08 tails, got an 08 rear bumper and now im just waiting on fordfreak4life for the 05 bumper.

Now my list of mods that im going to do are
Edge CS Insight w/ Pyro
HID Fogs, already have HID head's
Maybe a LED Light bar behind the grill
08 Center Console
05-07 aftermarket grill
single black 7" stack
What's your thoughts on a PPE Electric fuel pump? Anyone run one?
So either that or AirdogII
Hellman Fuel sump
5% tint for the rear, 25% front
Powermax turbo-later in the year
ARP studs, gaskets and injectors-later in year as well

What kind of paint do yall use on your exhaust parts? I know of course it has to be high heat, jw what brand and etc
If anyone has any of these parts let me know. Also, I cant find a kit for just making your exhaust into a stack, I already have a 4", I just want to make it from that 4" to a 5" which will be attached to a 7" black stack.

Just add to the list of mods yall think I should do for looks or performance etc and/or suggestions!

Also changing the oil this weekend to Valvoline 5W-40 Full Synthetic, should I use the Wix oil filter I normally use or what?

See less See more
#3 ·
LOL hell yes I am, Ive been wanting to for a while just cant find any buyers!

#6 ·
I know, its not like im asking much...
I used VHT barbeque/header paint on my 5"-7" change before the stack and the bracket I made. worked great
Ok cool thanks man

#7 ·
Anyone want to sponsor me? LOL I just realized thats a lot of money for mods

#8 ·
Sweet build. BTW, use a Motorcraft filter! :D

#9 ·
Alright cool, thanks. Yea im going to Napa tomorrow to pick up the oil and filter.

#10 ·
I dont know what the name of the paint is called, but i just got it from the panit section at pep boys. says its rated for 1600 degree, so i put it on my downpipe and seems to be working just fine.

#11 ·
O'Reilly's has the best deal on synthetic oil. :D

#12 ·
Yea O'Reilly's didnt have my oil that I wanted so I went to NAPA and got it for $120.

#13 ·
Holy crap, I paid $71 with tax at O'Reilly's for four gallons of Rotella T6 5W-40 Full Synthetic.

And BTW, you have to order the oil at O'Reilly's, they won't ever have any in stock at your location. But for $16.99 a gallon for Valvoline 5W-40, it can't be beat! :D

#14 ·
Damn it lol I should have waited!!

#15 ·
Well after spending more than I should on oil, I changed the fluids in my truck and I can already tell my truck loves the Valvoline. I just got to get rid of my rear ranch hand bumper if anyone wants to buy one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.