Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Injector Nozzles

5K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  GTwho? 
#1 ·
Does anyone sell just aftermarket injector nozzles thats readily available? Just cant justify spending for a full set of injectors...

#2 ·
Have you ever taken a Powerstroke injector apart before? You have to take apart the whole injector to swap nozzles. IMO, It is something that should be left to a professional.

#3 ·
Yeah I have Ive had a set of ab's that i just decided one day to rip them apart and put them back together and its just a spare set which is why i would like to get some nozzles for them

#5 ·
You do realize that adding flow without adding capacity really isn't going to do a whole lot besides waste some time......

You're still looking at small capacity injectors that will be empty in no time...and they'll still be split-shot injectors that destroy your injection pressure.

#6 ·
:whs:

You will still only have 140cc split shot with a larger nozzle...

If you're dead set on doing it, contact Rosewood or Full Force. I hear there is an issue with their suppliers right now so it might be a tough time to get some, but they might be able to help you out. Just realize, for the cost, it might be worthwhile to look at just getting yours built to stage 1's.

#8 ·
I just put 100% nozzles on a set of AD's, it works. You will make more horsepower than a stock nozzle'd injector, how much I'm not sure. Whats the difference between a stage 1 and 2, just a nozzle. Do they make the same horsepower, no. I'm waiting on tunes from Cale at Tyrant to see what they are capable of. My guess 375hp.

#9 ·
I just put 100% nozzles on a set of AD's, it works. You will make more horsepower than a stock nozzle'd injector, how much I'm not sure. Whats the difference between a stage 1 and 2, just a nozzle. Do they make the same horsepower, no. I'm waiting on tunes from Cale at Tyrant to see what they are capable of. My guess 375hp.
They're 160+ cc

#11 ·
Sure they make more power, I think the point that was trying to be conveyed is that at the end of the day, you just spent whatever it costs to replace just the nozzles on stock capacity injectors when you could have spent not a whole lot more, got more capacity and more power.

I don't actually know what it costs just to replace nozzles so I could be wrong. But that cost difference is something I would want to know before throwing nozzles on stock injectors. Just my .02

#14 ·
Its not that I just want nozzles I just want the parts that they put in them plunger barrels nozzles etc I want a kit and cant seem to find any Im also not looking to make huge power but I would like a bit of an upgrade this set would be for my daily and when that set is out Id like 300ccs for my other truck. And when you look at the price of injectors and multipy by 2 it adds up to damn quick If i made $30-35 an hr they would be on there way

#15 ·
then if you want to do the mods to the injectors yourself, i think rosewood still offers diy kits for stage 1 and 2's woth dvd and papwer instructions. there was also another vendor that had diy kits, i dont remember who the other vendor was tho..

#16 ·
Bigger nozzles will make more power. Getting the fuel out quicker will result in a bigger bang while the piston is higher in it's stroke which will push the piston harder and make more power. An AD stage II is generally just a nozzle on an otherwise stock injector.

It's going to be more than just a little extra to convert splits to have more fuel volume. You're going to need new P&B's which is going to be as much or more than the nozzles as well.

Honestly as was stated if you want the nozzles put on I'd just send them to a reputable builder and have them installed. That way they can be flow tested and made sure that they are all in good shape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.