Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1965 Scorpion Powered Lincoln

9K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  207allenracer 
#1 ·
Looking for yes or no answers,

Keeping in theme with my Truck it's time to replace the 67 Galaxie. 1965 Lincoln Cont. (Just like the car in Matrix). Air bags all 4 corners. Not too ghetto wheels, something classy but stylish. 18 to 20ish. Dana 80 out back. Now here comes the fun part, 6.7L Scorpion and the auto for the power plant. Of course the emissions system will need to be delt with. the way I see it, to pull off the diesel swap the Scorpion is the lightest Stroke produced at 1100 pounds wet, the big block in the Lincoln weighs in at 740 wet. Not enough difference to worry about the front end holding up. With the air bags, springs will not be an issue. I know theres lots of other variables and problems to be delt with, but I just can't get the idea out of my head. Twin 6" tips just hidden under the rear bumper and the look on the punks face when the old Lincoln belches black while literally smokin his ricer. What do you think?

#2 ·
Well, I had the same idea, just with a different older truck. I know it can be done.... just how determined and creative you can get is the key!

#3 ·
Are you over on CompD or something? I havent heard of the "scorpion" in probably 3 years!

Any way it would be a cool project. It would be one of the first 6.7 powerstrokes in a older pickup

#5 ·
I think that would be totally FRIGGIN AWESOME!! :rockwoot:

I've always loved those cars and with the sound of the 6.7 it should be pretty cool, not quite the classic rattling diesel but a mean mix between hipo big block and diesel for an exhaust note in a mean looong black sedan, tastefully dropped.

#6 ·
I think it sounds like a great ride - if completed. I have never done anything like that, but are you sure that a 50% increase in weight on the front axle isn't something to be worried about?

Sam

#8 ·
I was thinking 6.0 for the Galaxie, That was before the Scorpion was released. I am anxiuosly awaiting some pictures of yours! What were your main hurdles and how did you overcome them? I was pretty sure something this cool had to of allready been done or was in process!

#9 ·
#10 ·
I've also got pictures of a galaxie wagon with a parallel turbo 6.0. Send me your email and I send you some pics. Also I'm currently organizing the pics and descriptions of the lincoln. There were numerous major mods to the unibody and motor to make it work right. and hint,,, it now has a frame and narrowed rear end...

#11 ·
Just host the photos on photobucket or someting and post them up here, I'd really like to see that!

#15 ·
6.0 in a P71... That sounds fun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.