Up-pipe donut replacement - PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

Home Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum > Super Duty 1999-Current > 7.3L Power Stroke Technical Info
Register Members List Timeslips Calendar Auto Loans Sponsors Becoming a Sponsor Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

PowerStrokeNation.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Effreem
PSN Local
Member's Gallery

Up-pipe donut replacement

Hey,

Just curious about how long the up-pipe donuts take to replace? One of mine is leaking. Also, what is the actual part name for those up-pipe and donuts?

Any tips to make it easier would also be appreciated!

Thanks!
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2011, 09:27 PM
kilapapipa
Old Yeller, REBORN
Member's Gallery

Re: Up-pipe donut replacement

Getting it off is the hard part, replacing them is easy but getting to all the bolts is a PITA with the motor in the truck. Spray the bolts a ton a day before even attempting to remove them to loosen them up a bit.

Swamps has them on their site I think.
REBORN 20 Over on 3/2/11- Pics in gallery- 2000 F250, Auto, 38r, Full Force 238cc/100%, TE 17* hpop, DP F5,HI,60T,80E,120R,140A, Studs and 910's with DI PR's, JW VB in 2nd stock tranny, Walbro 392, Bellowed, In-Tank, Pre-Pump, boost fooler, and RR. Air Dog, SS cover, 6.0 TOC,4" straight piped and guages, 6637, coolant filter, 4" Lift on 33's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Go to the top
Old 04-04-2011, 10:28 PM
Arisley
All done now
Member's Gallery

Pull the trans out. You will save time, bruised ribs, and a call by the neigbors for the obscene language and thrown tools.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:30 PM
CTC DEEZUL
Hood Rich
Member's Gallery

Send a message via AIM to CTC DEEZUL

dont even bother to spray them or loosen them, just cut them with a Dremel

Local 444- Rolling Coal Teamsters
via Beans Toonz
DI SS Up-Pipe
GTP38R
Old 04-05-2011, 12:11 AM
wooner
Construction Babysitter
Member's Gallery

I just did this project this weekend, but I replaced the old with IH bellowed up pipes. I sprayed the bolts down a few times over the past 2 weeks in preparation. Took me about 6 hours. It was one of the more memorable projects I have taken on with the truck

99.5 F250 Lariat : 6" lift on 37" Toyo MT's, DP Tunes, Built Transmission, Airbags, AIH Delete, 38R, Banks Big Head, CCV Mod, Sinister Regulated Return, IH bellowed up pipes, AFE Stage II, ISSPro Performax gauges, Scan Gauge, Casserly Stage I's, T-500 HPOP, Swamp's IDM
Old 04-05-2011, 04:46 AM
Arisley
All done now
Member's Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooner View Post
I just did this project this weekend, but I replaced the old with IH bellowed up pipes. I sprayed the bolts down a few times over the past 2 weeks in preparation. Took me about 6 hours. It was one of the more memorable projects I have taken on with the truck
I could have had the tranny out in an hour. Uppies replaced in twenty minutes. Tranny reinstalled in an hour. And been drunk and watching you finish.

Been there and done that. If my tranny comes out. The motor is getting uppies removed inspected and new donuts. Even if I had my tranny out day before yesterday.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:49 AM
CTC DEEZUL
Hood Rich
Member's Gallery

Send a message via AIM to CTC DEEZUL

Lol... thats impressive, but honestly, I would never pull a trans for this job. Now if we were talking about a LBZ or LLY, than yes.....
Old 04-05-2011, 05:31 AM
Arisley
All done now
Member's Gallery

Pulling a tranny is simple, first time I did it, it took me 90 minutes. I had to keep crawling out from under the truck for wrenches. Second time was only 45 minutes, I crawled under there with the right wrenches. A tranny jack is a must.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:23 AM
OUTLAW-OFFROAD
mroutlawoffroad
Member's Gallery

Do u have to replace the pipes or can you get away with doughnut gaskets.

6 pos custom tuned chip, AD injectors, hoodstack, fpr shim,isspro gauges, electric fans, Built trannismission.
OUTLAW OFFROAD traction bars.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:02 AM
Homesteader
PSN Veteran
Member's Gallery

If you havent done it before it will be fun. I like the tranny idea to,gotta try it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the PowerStrokeNation : Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 223
01REDSTROKER, 01strokin, 02bestroked, 03Excursion, 1badz, 2006powerleaker, 2stangs8689, 4BigGreen, 4duggan, 4wydnr, 5pattys, 82wildbill, 97rattlebox, 99 SD PSD, 99oilburner, airmail96, ajfetterman, amcervantes, Arisley, AZStang, BACDRAFT, badford350, Bamboo, Big Calo, BIG01RIG, bigjake0524, bigwheel, billmoody1, birdog, boostaddict, bosssuperduty, Bowen Morris, bracketracer, Brian918, browning1, bryan.d, Bushwakd, ByrdDog, casher0010, ccradier, Chadahootchie, CHevDog1, cheysays7.3!, chief055, choots, chris 0., cincinnatijeeper, cj45lc, co04cobra, Codydiesel, coldhanz, conan, coondad, Critical, crossent, CTC DEEZUL, Cumminsatya, Cundiff, dave jr, David N, deathwishracer, Delox, deweuy, DHTD, DIESEL DAN, DieselBrad, Dieseltron, Diesel_Jeramy, doublej112, doubleshot, drh4250, dsltech83, duncan351, duner405, Dvarhol, Dway, ebrow21, Effreem, enenuenue, eric96ford, farmall99, Ford3544, fordnut, friskyjake, FSJPat, Gaius, glovemeister, Goodbar419, goodintentions, Gotti2k7, greenbeast, GreenMachine, GreenScrew, Hamstn, hawkeye, hienergy557, Homesteader, Honeyshucks4, iceberg, IEBahner, jake2far, jamisgood, jbarlow15, jc82chevyman, JD3020, joedaddy, johnday, Jolo170, jons.stroker, ju015dd, K5383, Kampy, kenmore, kilapapipa, kruser02, KYcopespitter7.3, Lee, loudmouth, Luke909, markt, markyt, mars1952, matdean, mazdaparts, mbruce, mckeddie, mf2racer, Michael Dimock, micky_blue, Mike97f350, moesmokebbq, moremph, mrdoug, mrit, mrwalters, mstadler13, mttrucker, mykaos, n20, nchappy, NE-STROKE, northid710, OBSBoysel, oby, offroader101, oldwood, olyaee, ontwowheels, opieg01, OUTLAW-OFFROAD, PDGEIST, pechroc1, PETERC, pilot4life, Pinky, pooter, Powerstatement, Powerstoke_Fan, powerstrokedkid87, PowerStrokingMachine, procomp, Psyched, radcustoms, raptor, ready81, Redline7.3L, redpower, Repper, richh789, rocketron, Rockyardjo, rollingthunder, Rollncoal7.3, Ron's power stroke, Rosko18, rusty1161, Satan's chariot, Scerb, Schneider 86, shanev10, sho669, shoaboat, simpleman, Sinisalo425, slayer7712, slowduty80, Sndwrkr, sniper_101, stlhdfishr, stoneykegonsa, storlie1318, str00ker, stroke99, stroken97, strokepower, SWVa, t4050nh, taterthedog, tbolt, tch.280, TennesseeCoalRloller00, theCOYfish, tholt34, thorin, Torque37, tree trimmer, treyloco, TruckeePSD, truckguy, ttford07, TwiceStroked, Twisty, TxFire, UM Canes, UNDER PRESSURE, Vdryv, Wardy70, webb06, wooner, Zai Luke ll, zx800x