Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

What prices are you selling for?

2K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  Dennis@WheelKinetics 
#1 ·
I am trying to get some feedback of what everyone is selling their trucks for?

I have had my truck for sale for a little while now and I believe it's a good price but I still haven't moved it yet. I listed at 33k which was slightly less than what another member had just bought his for. That got no real response so I dropped it to 30k and still not much. Now its at 29k and some interest, but not sold. I have tried ebay, craigslist and the nation. I am not desperate to sell but would like to move it.

I guess I would like to know if anyone has sold theirs (a 6.4) recently and what it went for?

It is 2008 ccsb with 93000 Miles.

#3 ·
Yes I have had the same, lots of low ballers. Everyone seems to think if you are selling something you must be desperate. It's really annoying, but I think there must be some deals out there to be justifing it, I can't seem to find them. I seem to be cheaper than everyone.

#4 ·
I bought my 08 SuperCab FX4 w/leather and power seats and 20s with 16k miles on in back in Feb of 09 for 29200 OTD... That may be why you're having a little issue. I know that an equal CC was about 7-8k more but I don't know what the difference is now...

EDIT: After I wrote that, I'm not sure you're off at all on price. If the price has went down in 2 years roughly by 7k I'd be surprised. Maybe you need to try autotrader or craigslist again....?

#5 ·
No offense to anyone here, but most prices I see listed on the forum are on the high side. My best friend is a car dealer & right now he has an 08 F350 CC dually 4x4 with 98k listed @ 26,900. That's just the asking price, mind you; it will probably sell for ~1k less. I guess we're all just a little proud of our rides around here!

#7 ·
It is 2008 ccsb with 93000 Miles.
Honestly if I was in the market for your truck the amount of miles would scare me away. It's not that it's too high but I can find a lot of trucks here with half the mileage. The local Chevy dealer has an 08 @ $31k with about 30k on it.

#8 ·
I have a 03 cc 4x4 with 75k on it was trying to sell for 20 done dropped it to 18 and still not even getting calls on it. got it parked at a friends shop I've sold 12-15 trucks there before. Normally they sell in the first week, never had one sit over 2 weeks. I figured it was the diesel prices.

#12 ·
I kinda figure it's the diesel prices too.

Why are you selling Dean?
Just time for something new. I had my heart set on a new platinum ecoboost, I was wanting to tune it for something different, but now I'm not sure? Maybe even a 5.0 and tune/ turbo it?

I'm in the markey to buy a 6.4 but most I see on here are overpriced and people wont move. I can buy your truck locally for right around 25-27 all day long.

Yeah but that would be a northern truck with some rust wouldn't it? Don't they go for less up there?

What really gets me and I havn't seen it on here yet. Is people that have low miles 08 6.4 that want 40k for them. Heck I can go to the dealer and get a 2010 08 leftover for that price out the door.

Good luck on the sale.

Mike
I have started two threads on it. And are you saying that it is overpriced? I know of other ones selling for 34k right before mine, so I thought 29k was a good price. Those sold right before diesel went up too. I'm not desperate though, but I also will not accept offers of 22k either for it yet I will negotiate if I had people coming to look at it.

#11 ·
I'm in the markey to buy a 6.4 but most I see on here are overpriced and people wont move. I can buy your truck locally for right around 25-27 all day long.

What really gets me and I havn't seen it on here yet. Is people that have low miles 08 6.4 that want 40k for them. Heck I can go to the dealer and get a 2010 08 leftover for that price out the door.

Good luck on the sale.

Mike

#17 ·
Its all supply and demand. 7.3 is one of the higher demanded diesels along with the infamous 12v. I think its hard for people to spend that much money on a truck with high miles when they can get a similar mileage truck thats a few years older for alot less cash. also i dont know how auto loans work, but that might be holding some people back?

Good luck.

#20 ·
When I bought my 06 it was looking at a 08 nearly exactly equiped as the 06. The 08 had 38k the 06 had 43k. They wanted 36k for the 08 and I bought mine for about 30k otd nearly a year ago. I really wanted the 08 but couldn't justify the extra payment amt. At the time I could have gotten a lower level xlt 2010 for 34-36k brand new as well. I really am kinda spoiled to the lariat so I got the older truck. You will have a lot better time selling that truk if you can get the mpg up on dash display. Fuel prices will see us as a nation dumping big truck just like 4yrs ago. Best bet is to ride the storm and wait.

#21 ·
Good point man. Think I might just ride it out. My dash display says 22.8MPG right now and that's from mixed driving. Should put a pic of that up.

#22 ·
I like the older trucks but there is no way in gods green earth I would pay more that 8k for a obs 7.3. I don't care if it was garage kept and had 300 actual miles and still had the new car smell. They may fetch a big price from some people but we really shouldn't take advantage of retards.

#23 ·
I would make that a very high selling point. When I was looking I would always make the mpgs look as negative as possible telling them something had to be wrong with it and trying to low ball. I know I'm that guy but when you can either buy a 3br house or a king ranch 2011 somethings gotta give.

#27 ·
Nice! Good sale.

Sale times really depend on your options.

For instance, most people will insist on a crew cab. The x-cab market is rough, especially in gas trucks. However, they tend to be rarer in diesel. Not too long ago, we sold this 06 with 45k miles for $21,420.

But we had to sit on that truck for a while to get the money. We knew that someone somewhere out there wanted an xcab PSD, but it would take a while to find them. Sure enough, a guy from Reno proclaimed "That truck is perfect! My wife has to drive it, and with that size, I have a chance that she won't back the thing into every post in Nevada."

Another one was a beautiful 06 Harley.... but it was the dreaded long bed.

In other words, if you have several truck options that limits your market (e.g. x/reg cab, 2wd, cloth interior, etc), then you have to decide if you're going to sell it for less or hold for the person that will actually pay for that option package. (Some hate leather, others are just towing and 4wd is simply another part to break, etc)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.