Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Truck leaning toward drivers side

20K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  torker 
#1 ·
I noticed today when I got home that my truck was leaning toward the drivers side. I measured the rear wheels the pass side was 2.5" taller than the drivers side. Then I checked the front and it was 0.5" taller. I checked my leaf springs and they both look identical in wear and arch. Has anyone delt with this before? If so help me out or lead me in the right direction....

#2 ·
It's normal, you can't get a truck to sit exactly perfectly level.

#7 ·
Weird, I bet I can :doh: done it several times

#3 ·
its normal for a truck to sit 2.5" lower on one side than the other? Then your trucks are fuked up!

Check for broken springs.

#8 ·
its normal for a truck to sit 2.5" lower on one side than the other? Then your trucks are fuked up!

Check for broken springs.
Ya, no kidding!! How do you use that truck? I ask because I had a '97 ,F250 4x4 that had a twisted frame the day I got it from the dealer, a new one. If that sag has just shown up, I'd be looking for a couple busted leaves, broken spring mounts, basically anything that holds the truck up. Ya, didn't loan it out to anyone that took it 4 wheeling did ya? If what I mentioned isn't it, I'd take it to a good shop to see what got twisted, mysteriously twisted that is.;)

#4 ·
I have owned a bunch of trucks new and used they all set level for the most part. Besides the normal leveling kit or turning some torsion bars. But Ive never seen nothing like this.

#9 ·
The only time I personally have seen something with that much of a difference side to side was when I broke a rear shackle on my old '94. I would definitely look closely at all springs and shackles for a problem.

Unless you prefer the gangsta lean....LOL

#10 ·
Mine has set level all it's life. Stock, and lifted. I pulled the lift off and put all new springs under it. After I did that, it developed a lean. $300.00 at the local spring shop, they removed and rear he'd my drivers side springs. It sat a little tall on the drivers side for about a week (1/4"), but once it settled, it was even all the way around. You could put an egg on the roof and it would sit in one place.

#12 ·
Yes I will b going to my local shop here Monday. To see what it is. I have a friend that says that when his did it he had to have his rear leaf repressed. The f----d up thing is the truck still rides str8 as an arrow

#13 ·
I don't care where the gas tank is on a f250 if it leans on passenger side as most posts say the truck is fuked up! Ford can come up with all the bs they can dream up but there is something wrong with the damn truck! My neighbor just bought a new 2015 f250 4x4 and it too leans apprx 1 inch lower on the passenger side! No brand new vehicle should lean....and that is a big f'in period!

#14 ·
My neighbor bought a new 2015 f250 4x4 and it leans 1" on the passenger side. That is fuked up. Ford can come up with all the bs excuses they can dream up but if you have this lean the truck is fuked up! I don't care where the gas tank is located either! There is no logical reason for the lean and that is a big f'in period!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.