Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

**HELP**Best Tire 4 Seasons

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  F-117HWK 
#1 ·
Like hundreds of threads people have already started I need help choosing a tire!I have read as many threads as I can find but still not sure what tire to go with, I need tires within the month. PLZZ HELP!!

Truck 06 F350 CCSB, looking for 35" maybe 37" depending on how much I decide to lift it. First off I live in Canada, so I need a tire that will work well in all 4 seasons, rain/snow. The truck almost never sees off road conditions so mud is not a concern of mine; I occasionally pull a 10k trailer. I am going to lift it so I want a aggressive to somewhat aggressive looking tire; road noise is not a huge concern however I would like longevity.
I am open to all suggestions and opinions.

Toyo M/T the A/T I don't think are aggressive enough?
Cooper STT?
MT ATZ ?
The Nittos trail grappler seem to be soft and less longevity from what I read?
BFG A/T KO what I had on the stock height truck..

Thanks in advance for info!

#4 ·
Mt ATZ if you can afford them, also the toyos havnt let me down so far also pricey dont know how much duratracs run but a lot of good feed back on those as well

#5 ·
The Goodyears look great, Ride great. I run them in the summer on my 99. If you dont need that aggressive of a tread you could try the Hankook Dynapro ATM's I run those in the winter for plowing. They wear great and have excellent wet traction. The downside to both of these tires is they only go as big as a 35"
I wish Goodyear would have made a 37" as i would have bought those instead of the Trail Grapplers i just got for my Ex.

#7 ·
I heard the Mickey Thompson ATZ is a great tire. Also heard good things about the Kumho KL71's

#9 ·
Toyo M/t's do good in most cond. except mud IMO. they wear like iron! kinda spendy but will worth it!!

Your correct not very aggressive but clean out pretty good in the snow. they will haul 10k with ease & last forever it seems like.

#11 ·
Cooper S/T's without a doubt. i have them on my truck and i friggen love them, theyve been on there since last june so they have seen all the weather, very good in the rain and pooling water, pretty good in the mud and they handle spectacularly in the snow. i was pushing snow with the bumper and never got stuck i havnt towed real heavy with them but they handled real good with 6k behind them. however they only go up to a 35 so if you go with 37's there not gonna cut it

#18 ·
Not discounting that the Duratracs seem to be a good tire, but give you something to consider:

I have Cooper Discoverer STTs on my '05 F-350. They drove great, towed great, and held their balance the entire 40k. Off road they were excellent in the desert, excellent in heavy rain, excellent on slick wet city pavement, and they cleaned out pretty good the first 30k in muddy situations. All around, these are one of the best tires I've ever run on a truck, and I used to be a staunch BFG guy.

Speaking of BFGs, my Excursion had BFG Radial Long Trail T/As on it when I bought it. Last summer, one of them decided it wanted a divorce from it's tread cap while we were on vacation. I couldn't get a decent price on BFG A/Ts so we now have the Cooper ATRs on the Excursion. They are possibly the smoothest and quietest all terrain tire I've ever owned. They have 8k on them already and show no wear. Like my STTs, they handle excellent, they ride excellent, they have been stellar through the heavy rains we had this past winter, and they simply look nice.

Cooper just replaced the ATR with the AT3, and they have added the S/T Maxx as an intermediate between the ST and the STT. I was going to go with Toyo A/Ts but I think I'll be staying with Coopers and trying the S/T Maxx as my next set. If they manage 40K on my F-350 like the STTs did I'll be a happy guy.

#16 ·
Have you ever looked at Pro Comp Extreme AT's I sure like mine they wear awesome and I pull a 8000lb camper all summer and they barely look used after a full year of use. I have heard the duratrac is good also.

#19 ·
Another vote for the Pro Comp X-Treme AT's

I have the 325/65/18 (35's) on my truck and love them. No noise, did great in the snow through the winter even being very worn down, 40k mile warranty, E-rated, tri-ply, not too expensive.

When I checked a few months back many of the sponsors here can get them as well so that was another plus.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.