Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

How to measure lift?

4K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Monty'sWhiteF250 
#1 ·
Well i bought my truck just like it is and havent lifted it or anything. But it does sit higher than factory height. It does have airbags on the back that are aired up. Without those being up the front sits higher....when aired up it sits more level. Not sure whats done to the front end to make it sit higher. Any ideas on what i can check for? Kinda wanting to know how big of tires i could run. Its got 285/75R16 (32.8x11.2 or something like that) and it has quite a bit of room left. Thanks in advance!

#12 ·
Hope these help....sorry there cell pics
The top two leafs (less rust) appear to be the stock leaf springs. The other 4 or 5 leafs under it look like a leveling kit.

On my 04 (same as 03) the front has TWO leafs in the front.

I bet with the air bags aired up and that leveling kit that truck rides pretty rough. LOL

#9 ·
How can you tell there aftermarket? Yeah it rides a little rough i guess. Its my first 3/4 ton and my last truck was a Chevy 1500 with a 6inch lift....so it was no cadillac lol Think i could fit 35's or even 33x13.5's with maybe a 20x12 wheel?

#13 ·
Yeah it can be rough lol oh well. I like how it sits though. Just gotta get some different tires and black wheels. Thanks for the info. Ive been wondering ever since i bought it lol

#14 ·
Truck looks good. Might want to look into getting some F350 Rear blocks and letting the air out of the bags. That should help out quite a bit with the ride and it should sit level.

#16 · (Edited)
Yes. Just lift up the back of the truck, Undo the 8 bolts on the U-bolts (4 bolts per side) and take out the old blocks and put in the f350 blocks. The only thing you might need is new(longer) u-bolts. And a lot of people will say get new ones anytime you remove them. The air bags should mount to the top of the leaf springs and the block goes under the leaf springs so it should not even change the airbags. It will just raise the back of the truck another inch so you do not have to air up the bags to level it.

EDIT: Yes they are easy to put on. No the bags should not need to come off.

#20 ·
Yes to hold it all together, where is the truck from?? Up north here a lot of trucks are sold with a snow plow package which has a couple different variations depending on the year. My 00 f350 looks just like that with a stack of 7 leafs other styles I've seen from Ford is a lower front spring mount, bolt on style rather then the riveted on style like the 99's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.