Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Shiny

4K views 31 replies 7 participants last post by  genuineford 
#1 ·
Well my headers finally came in so on my next day off I need to try to get them installed and do the rest of the exhaust system. I have a 4 inch edelbrock truck and suv muffler and a 4 inch tail pipe that would normally go on a diesel. I think it should sound pretty decent when done.

See less See more
#2 ·
stupid question, what are they for?

#4 ·
gotcha, I didn't see that thread.

#5 ·
I'm thinking about putting headers on my '94 F-350 7.5L. Where did you get them from, brand, part number, price....? What diameter pipe is the cross over pipe?

#6 ·
I got them from Jegs but summit also carries them. They are Doug Thorley try Y headers part number 214Y-F15-C. They are also ceramic coated. I did not measure the cross pipe but I think it is 2.5 inches. The outlet is 3 inches ID, it also has the hookup for the egr on it but does not have the hookups for the air pump or the small tube that goes from the passenger manifold to the cat. Price is pretty steep they cost just over $800 shipped and was about a month of lead time. Here is a couple links to them on summit and jegs website.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Doug+Thorley/702/214Y-FI5-C/10002/-1

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DTE-214Y-FI5-C/

#7 ·
I'll be stuck with Hedman Hedders 89510. They are no where nearly as nice as the Doug Thorley's but for 1/3 the cost they will have to do. My plan is to cut the pipes @ the Y & run dual 3" straight pipe exiting in front of the pass rear tire. I'll either make or buy a x-pipe to mount the O2 sensor in.

#8 ·
I suggest bumping up to a header that has a 3/8's thick flange or you will not get them to seal good. That is why I bumped up to the doug thorley. I think headman makes a header that has a 3/8's flange for a little more money.

#16 ·
I would love to step up to a 3/8" flange but I can't swing the extra $200. I know the Elite headers are much nicer. If I have problems with the 1/4" flange I'll make & weld on a thicker one.

#10 ·
We will see how these do I am hoping to install them tomorrow. They look like they are built very well so I don't think I will have any complaints about them. I did quite a bit of research when I bought them and these seemed to be one of the nicer ones.

#13 ·
I started tearing into it on tuesday and got the exhaust manifolds off and the rest of the exhaust. I was looking to see what I could get rid of and it appears that I can delete the air pump all together.

Only bad thing was I broke 2 exhaust manifold bolts. So I busted out the angle drill and the left hand drill bits. I was drilling the first hole with an 1/8 inch bit and when it got through the bolt it bottemed out and broke. I was able to get the broken bit out and finish drilling out that hole. I still have one more to drill out and I will be ready to start installing stuff.

#14 ·
Well I got the headers in but I didn't get it finished up yet. I need to put the egr tube on it and put the Y pipe on. After that I can start it up and let it get to temp. Re-torque the manifold bolts and then button it up. Unfortunately we are going out of town this weekend so I will not be able to finish it up. Here are a couple teaser pics.

#27 ·
i know a guy running round without the airfilter on his 460..........

#29 ·
Of course you do steve hahahaha.

#31 ·
got that right

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.