Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Clean Up Under The HOOD

6K views 33 replies 13 participants last post by  SickStroke6.0 
#1 ·
so i am at some point going to start my build of a list of items on my 6.0

on thing i would like to do is clean up under the hood, and make it more appealing...so i was hoping to see some pics of some idea that people had to clean up under the hood, wether it be paint, relocation, wire colors, lume...ect....just looking for ideas

#12 ·
haha looks like mine at the moment...im sending my tubes out this weekend to get powder red on em....looking for an oil bypass thats red not the blue...and prob gona do some paint..just not sure what should get painted
looks great

#18 ·
I used Rustoleum gray paint. It was the closest color that matched the other banks pipe. I figured as scratched up as it gets from taking it off it would be cheaper to repaint it then powdercoat it.

Also the banks thing works pretty good. I noticed and additional 1-2 lbs. of boost and the truck runs a bit cooler. I need to replace the boots on it with diesel site boots they are starting to leak.

#14 ·
i like it, idk the exact performance difference, but with that and the intercooler definitley lower egts, plus when ya stand infront of the grille it sounds like wind tunnel...

#29 ·
6.4 but its getting clean

Attachments

#31 ·
Sexy ass engine!! Great to see some color. Trying to do something with mine. Diesel engines are pretty bland. :fordoval:

#32 ·
Just found a guy that will powdercoat my intercooler pipes gloss red for $15 a piece! :D

#34 ·
Powdercoating shop in Pine Level. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.