Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

question on fuel tanks on F450 chassie trucks

7K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  vader's fury 
#1 ·
Ok guys at the wife's work they are having problems with the fuel tanks, Ford is saying that the liner is deteriorating in the metal tanks, has this been a problem, and if the carp from the tank gets in to the fuel system it would screw the Injectors right, Ford is saying tanks are on back order and does anyone know if they make the poly tanks for these trucks? Should the wifes boss put up a huge fight, been replaced already once and the truck is a 06 F450, condition is loss of power and starving for fuel, they still need to do the fpr spring on the truck, and they use Ford filters

#2 ·
Yes they do have a problem from 99 to 10 on the F450 and 550's with the tank deteriorating. They say they have it cured on the 2011's. You are correct that the tanks are on back order from Ford. I have a Titan tank in stock for your application. Pm me if you are interested.

Dan

#4 ·
We had our '00 F550 at our VFD have this issue.. I dropped the tank and took it in and had it media blasted, then had the tank inside recoated with a tank liner.. Blew out all the lines from the fuel Filter back.. all was done for less than 100 bucks.

Wit them being 6.0l trucks.. yeah i'd have the injectors tested..

#5 ·
worked on a 6.0 450 with a stake body the owner complained that there was no power and the whole fueling system had to be replaced because of it from the tank to the injectors

#7 ·
I have had many issues with this problem with our work trucks. We have about 45 05+ 450's in our fleet and at least 10 of them have had this issue. Have not noticed it with the -05 trucks. I have one outside the shop right now with this exact issue. Everything in fuel system from tank to inj has to be replaced. Currently tanks are on back-order through ford till June.

I am wondering..... does anyone offer a comparable aftermarket tank and has anyone used them?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.