Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

custom intake for IceMonkey

7K views 49 replies 22 participants last post by  Extended Power 
#1 ·
[/ATTACH]

Due to Doug being hurt and unable to work(wish him a fast recovery) we had to go ahead and have a local shop cut one apart for me, the goal is to have Ben's truck at TS, so we need to get on these parts. This is the pic they just sent. Should have it in a week or so.

See less See more
#4 ·
Yeah pretty much LOL unfortunately there's just not that many ways todo it. I don't want to melt the back pistons on Ben's truck so I have to put something in it. If the one from gogo shows up then it'll go in there, if not this one will go in for now till Ben's actual intake comes in and this one will go in the tow truck

#25 ·
Shawn, I'm curious what's going on in this pic. Did a little too much get milled from the bottom of the plenuim? I'm wondering what the beads towards the bottom are for?:confused:
I'm not trying to be being critical at all, just curious.

I want to clear the air on this. Seems to be a lot of vaginal irritation going around.:poke:
:confused: There must be some butthurtedness flying around in PMs or something? I'm not sensing any vaginal irritaton in this thread.

Nice work guys! Now will someone do some before and after dyno runs with one of these!:mad:

#19 ·
This looks awesome. When I did the one on The American Ride we made the top cover removable. I couldn't figure out a way in my head how to seal the bolt heads to the upper intake plate. A few days later I thought of the way i can be done. Looks awesome.

How long has it taken you to build this one? My buddy and I did the one one American Ride in two nights of drinking beer. Doesn't seem to take any time to mod these intakes if you actually work on them.

#24 ·
I want to clear the air on this. Seems to be a lot of vaginal irritation going around.:poke:

I ordered my intake from Doug some time ago, but before he shipped it, I said it was ok for him to use it on a truck he was building for the big 2.6 race. But right after that, old Dougie's leg lost a fight with a bar, and ended up in the hospital. (was that a psychiatric hospital?) So with that said, the intake is still on this other truck, and gimp legged Doug is doing his best to get it off and send it up to me. Hopefully he has some help, because it cant be any fun laying across a motor with a dripping wound.:(

At the same time, Shawn has two pretty turbos sitting on the bench, and time scheduled off work to put my junk together. He had a buddy offer to do a custom intake job to get us back in business. Our goal is TS. I will repeat, our goal is TS. And time is creeping up.

I want the Go-Go Intake on my truck. And Doug assured me he'd get it out asap. Or even put a new one together possibly from the pile of parts he currently has. So when Shawn gets it, that's going on the little white turd, and this other intake will hopefully go on Shawns dually. At least that's the plan.

This thread was not meant to shed any negativety on Captain Negativety. In fact, Doug has been a stand up guy even through all the misfortune he's had lately, and I personally wish him a speedy recovery with his stinky leg, and his father is in my prayers.

And I will be proudly displaying a Dougie sticker on my junk when me and Shawn put that turd in the 9's next month. :evil

#29 ·
got confirmation that Griffn diesel in florida and gogo diesel have both shipped there intakes to me, got ups tracking #'s and they'll be here thursday. when they get here i'll post more info, thank you to both shops for getting them out. gogo diesel's intake is going on ice monkey and griffin diesel's intake is going on the tow truck for testing.

with griffin's intake i'll post before and after video of how turbo spools and
egt's on the hwy

sorry won't be doing that with ben's truck cause once gogo's intake goes on, there are bigger turbo's goin on so the comparison won't be right, however i'm sure that the results of griffin's intake will be close to the difference doug's will do

please no questions on comparison between gog and griffin for i will not anwser them, i'm just happy to see we(powerstroke community) have more options as time goes on, that there are companies finally seeing that there is a market for aftermarket ford parts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.