Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Drivetrain slop?

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  itsallinthestroke 
#1 ·
When I first accelerate or take my food off the go pedal I feel a slight jolt. I can also here a fairly loud tink when shifting into gear, either drive or retreat. It doesn't do it all the time. I can usually get it to not do it if I accelerate and decelerate very gently and if im not holding the brake when I put it in gear. Does anyone have anything for me to look for. I checked my u joints and they all seem good. I have no play in the drive shaft. I'm not very experienced with drivetrain so any suggestions would help.Thanks in advace

#6 ·
On my 02 with the two piece drive shaft, the problem ended up being the splines needed to be greased. When they got to dry I would get a clunking sensation, but without any clunk noise.

Aaron

#9 ·
Finally found my slop. It was the last u-joint. thanks to betaracer. I never would of found it without putting it in neutral and rotating the driveshaft. I never thought of doing that. thanks to everyone for the input

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.